Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I have a cigarette Burn hole in the back seat. Let me start by saying that the cigarette wasn't mine. I don't know how it got there and who was the asshat that put it there.

I think it was the off chance that someone was evil enough to throw their cigarette into my car while at a stop light or something. Anyway, burn is deep. Does anyone know how to repair it or atleast patch up the hole?

·
Super Moderator
2,473 Posts
that's so messed up. probably came through the sunroof too? Something similar happened when I had my Genesis Coupe some how a huge fly went into the car as I was driving and splatted itself on the rear seats. Pretty gross :\

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
that's so messed up. probably came through the sunroof too? Something similar happened when I had my Genesis Coupe some how a huge fly went into the car as I was driving and splatted itself on the rear seats. Pretty gross :\
I didn't know fly splat is acidic. did it damage the leather?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm really upset right now. Could you imagine the terror in my mind when I saw that? I almost fainted. Why? Why!!

I guess I'll be googling all night... I think I'm going to cry for a little guys. If someone can show the light, I'd really appreciate that.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
It's a seat, it's replaceable, it's not the end of the world. Throw a jacket over it (I have jacket on mine most of the time). This is the first vehicle I've owned in the last few years that's actually had a seat in the back .. I've been driving Wranglers around with the rear seat removed for the last 6 or so years.
Just think yourself lucky it didn't catch fire, either with you in it or after you'd walked away.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
to OP: if you have money, you can completely replace it. there are parts online like this one, get the ones you specifically need. You can even get the blue ones if you want. ;)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Indeed it's not the end of the world, but man does it piss you off. I mean, i guess i somewhat deserve it since i am a smoker. But, i mean... i smoke turkish silvers and there was a parliament there. FFS WHOS PARLIAMENT WAS IT. I WILL NEVER SMOKE PARLIS AGAIN IN MY WHOLE LIFE.

The burn is on the passenger side back seat. Right as you open the door, almost smack in the middle. Beautiful.

This picture is NSFW. Really.
IMG_20130920_150347.jpg

Oh God...the pain. :crying::crying:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I should have put a quarter next to it to show the actual size. it's almost as big as my thumb. God damnit.

I guess the passenger side has somewhere to shove his or her finger in it during the winter to keep warm. ffs

·
Registered
324 Posts
Meh, its a car seat. If you aren't worried about what that shit is doing to your lungs,heart, and entire vascular system which cannot be replaced like a seat cover then you are focused on the wrong thing.

The lung gods pulled up next to you at a red light and smited your seat in an attempt to save you. It is an omen.

And sorry about your seat, that sucks.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
... The burn is on the passenger side back seat. Right as you open the door, almost smack in the middle. Beautiful.

View attachment 10650

Oh God...the pain. :crying::crying:
Just glue that coin in place over the hole and no one will ever be the wiser :wink:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Meh, its a car seat. If you aren't worried about what that shit is doing to your lungs,heart, and entire vascular system which cannot be replaced like a seat cover then you are focused on the wrong thing.

The lung gods pulled up next to you at a red light and smited your seat in an attempt to save you. It is an omen.

And sorry about your seat, that sucks.
But, my VT > my lungs. lol
I bought a leather repair kit... let's see how that works out. I'm just going to attempt to patch it up so there isn't a disgusting hole there.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
But, my VT > my lungs. lol
I bought a leather repair kit... let's see how that works out. I'm just going to attempt to patch it up so there isn't a disgusting hole there.
The rear seating area isn't leather .. that's why it melted like it did.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts