Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fucked up. Bought a CNT donwpipe for my 16' VT when i bought their catback exhaust. Can i go out and buy the 12-15 elbow and make it work or do i need to buy another?

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you're going to go through the effort of unbolting the turbo studs, you might as well get an elbowed downpipe.

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,962 Posts
I fucked up. Bought a CNT donwpipe for my 16' VT when i bought their catback exhaust. Can i go out and buy the 12-15 elbow and make it work or do i need to buy another?
I'd sell the DP or try to get a refund first.

If you're going to cheap out but want good gains then buy the pierce lower DP and OEM elbow or get a little more benefit at a higher cost from a full elbow DP from pierce or SXTH.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had it for a while now so I dont think I can return it. I would much rather work with what I already have rather than deal with reselling.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Someone around here ought to have one laying around otherwise see if you can find a wrecked VT at a local salvage yard that'll let you take it off.

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,962 Posts
I've had it for a while now so I dont think I can return it. I would much rather work with what I already have rather than deal with reselling.
The CNT just does not flow well and has a history of breaking is all. A better DP will flow better and be MUCH less likely to break.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts