Veloster Turbo Forum banner

281 - 284 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yes, because after achieving good fitment on this stainless steel, good-sounding system that I paid basically half price for -- the logical thing to do is sell it at a loss and pay twice as much to replace it.

You should sell your Veloster and get a better car. :p
whoops i didn't realize that that setup wasn't how it looks and it was just how you used to make the bends. I thought it looked like that currently!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
whoops i didn't realize that that setup wasn't how it looks and it was just how you used to make the bends. I thought it looked like that currently!
lol yeah -- it's not quite that bad. I'd probably pay someone to take it away if I was leaving a ratchet strap in place all the time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Decided to try some ghetto pipe bending. Regarding the odd tip angle, I had it figured that the final bend needs to be a little tighter.

Ratchet strap. I do not endorse this method. It is stupid, and I could just as easily have broken the hangers or put a kink in the pipe. I left it under tension for about an hour, rather than trying to force an immediate correction.
You my friend are a ghetto pipe bending genius!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
You my friend are a ghetto pipe bending genius!!
Thanks. The other distinctly possible outcome was "smooth move puncturing your fuel tank, genius!!"

I fell back on a couple of zip-ties as a shim for the end of the tail section rod to keep the tips centered. The position and angle have been stable for several days, and I'm satisfied that the exhaust really is sorted out -- for now. lol.

281 - 284 of 284 Posts