Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Vote 1 time in each category, COBB ACCESSPORT

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, like some other i've send a MSG to Cobb accessport. For who don't know cobb, please visit ; COBB Tuning - Accessport

I basically told them that many owner of the veloster turbo would like to own an accessport, for daily driving to lapping day. I ask them to produce one but the big question for them is, HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD BUY IF WE DEVELLOP THIS PRODUCT?

+ Who would be ready to Guinea PIG. They need a car to realise this!

So i've open this Survey and i want you to vote and share this. Be honnest while doing this Survey.

Thank you FOLKS

Cobb.jpg

·
Registered
314 Posts
I love cobb but good luck they won't do anything till some1 cracks the OBD port for flash. We do have a hacker on this forum trying but good luck. There is also a thread for Diablo Sport begging them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
There's also Diablosport but they both come down to the same question, how many people would buy it? I'm down for whichever company does it first!

Reactions: Murdered Out VT

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I ahve been in contact with cobb, and they stated to me that the platform is too new to the marketplace, also I got out of the conversation is that the platform is not of the higher end......so it looks like we arevout of luck with them for now.......but just like I'm trying with DS, the more people interested they might listen....

·
Registered
694 Posts
I would be more than happy to be the guinea pig. Cobb is just up the road from me and a very good friend of mine is their prototype fabricator. I am going to try and get up there for their First Thursday event in a few days. If there is someone specific anyone has spoken with let me know and I'll see if I can find them at the meet.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I really can't vote. Not because I am not interested. I am. Price, they can price it whatever they want. Map, just depends on what the range is. I am not really interested in group buys. More than likely I will buy next year.

I really understand they need to know how many people would be interested before they waste their time. But records from this forum alone shows there are TONS of people here want a tune no matter from whom. BTRcc had the first available, which TONS of people have got, both canned and custom. SFR soon after had theirs out, both canned and custom. Tork recently been the leader in tunes as far as I can tell and is still pumping out tunes left and right. Even a small company, Dyno Comp, has tuned a few. They didn't need a certain amount of people to get a tune out. Nobody came here saying Dyno Comp needed at least a certain amount to have a tune out. Someone went and they got it done and now they are in on the market.

If you ask me, Cobb has been wasting their time not making a tune for us. Had they had one out a year ago, they would have a bunch of people throwing their money out. Now, since the first tuner came out, anybody that wanted a tune already has a tune from someone. But, there are more VT's coming out still. CObb should just take the fact that tons of people have tunes and just start joining the VT market. It wouldn't surprise me of people who already have tunes still get a Cobbs accessport just to have it. People have already had different tunes from different people for whatever reason.

Cobb asking if there is a market for a their tune in the VT world has been answered a long time ago. there is a market. Just hurry up and make one. If they don't want to come out with a tune, their loss, not ours.

samlessard, tell them that.

FWIW, I voted what I could answer, price and maps.

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
An accesport is so much more than a tune. It allows a tuner like DynoComp (who is an authorized Cobb tuner) and Tork to push out email tunes to update maps.

So let's say DYNOCOMP gets an update to their tune, they find a way to do something new whatever it may be they just email you the new file. You upload it to the Accessport and then to your car. No need to send an ECU back or get a new custom tune.

A great example is Tork and how he is constantly finding new things. People who have an earlier version would have to ship their ECU back for the updates. With an Accessport he could just email it to him.

It is a great tool. I will call Richard at DynoComp and see if he can put a bug in Cobbs ear as well. He has a great relationship as they build some of the fastest STIs on the planet Cobb tuned. :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
I live like 2 blocks away from Cobb Socal

Reactions: TheGeekFreek

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
An accesport is so much more than a tune. It allows a tuner like DynoComp (who is an authorized Cobb tuner) and Tork to push out email tunes to update maps.

So let's say DYNOCOMP gets an update to their tune, they find a way to do something new whatever it may be they just email you the new file. You upload it to the Accessport and then to your car. No need to send an ECU back or get a new custom tune.

A great example is Tork and how he is constantly finding new things. People who have an earlier version would have to ship their ECU back for the updates. With an Accessport he could just email it to him.

It is a great tool. I will call Richard at DynoComp and see if he can put a bug in Cobbs ear as well. He has a great relationship as they build some of the fastest STIs on the planet Cobb tuned. :)
Aw ok. Well yeah lets get this ball rolling.

So lets say Cobb does figure a way to get the accessport working with the VT. Then what? Does tunes have to be accessport ready? Or only Cobbs tunes are accessport ready? Or do tuners get the ability to have tunes that can be uploaded to the accessport? Just curious how all this works lol

·
Registered
328 Posts
Cobb has a tuning software that tuners can use to make the files

Reactions: MyDianaZ06

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Aw ok. Well yeah lets get this ball rolling.

So lets say Cobb does figure a way to get the accessport working with the VT. Then what? Does tunes have to be accessport ready? Or only Cobbs tunes are accessport ready? Or do tuners get the ability to have tunes that can be uploaded to the accessport? Just curious how all this works lol
tuners have the ability to tune and create a map right onto the device to flash onto and off whenever you want

my homie with a Evo X has the stock maps and the stage 2 tunes then his custom dyne tune on his

Reactions: MyDianaZ06

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Cobb has a tuning software that tuners can use to make the files
tuners have the ability to tune and create a map right onto the device to flash onto and off whenever you want

my homie with a Evo X has the stock maps and the stage 2 tunes then his custom dyne tune on his
AWWWWW ok I see. Awesome! Well what are they waiting for. The marker has been there. it is up to them if they want the money or not.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
If they come ouy with anything they should talk with tork. Im sure hes an authorized tuner witb them already and pay him for the tune files. Shit id be happy if I could just flash the ecu with different maps when I wanted

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
so would I be able to go back to stock on the fly with this thing? I've never seen in person one of these things, much less ever played with one.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yes.

Not only that, but they offer separate Accesstuner software so you can tweak/modify maps to your liking (free for BMW, Mazda, Mitsubishi & Subaru; Ford is $150).

However, before we get all excited, here are the two major roadblocks.

(1) Cobb has already stated that they won't support the Genesis, many times. The Hyundai market just isn't big enough for them to show interest. We are going to have to join forces with several other Hyundai and Kia communities in order to get on their radar. This could be a huge logistical challenge in and of itself due to variances in ECU types across the different models.

(2) Then, there's the OBD-II access issue. The crypto mechanism for authentication is not going to be easily cracked. If a backdoor or other method of subverting the underlying crypto layer is not discovered, it could take up to two years or longer for RSA-1024 to be cracked, depending on how much computing power is available. We're not talking about a handful of the latest desktops, but more on the order of hundreds of computer years.
Just don't understand why Hyundai/Kia would put so much effort into protecting such a crappy tune, not only that but why offer sport exhaust, short shifter, and crate engines?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Just don't understand why Hyundai/Kia would put so much effort into protecting such a crappy tune, not only that but why offer sport exhaust, short shifter, and crate engines?
because then people would blow the engines up and expect hyundai to give them a new engine under warranty. i'm sure it has something to do with protecting themselves under warranty claims so they don't go broke... but i don't know, just a guesstimation

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
It's not that it's that hard to crack, more that the market is not big enough for those with the resources/knowledge to crack it. Volkswagen uses RSA-1024 for it's ECU and it has been cracked already.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts