Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Vote 1 time in each category, COBB ACCESSPORT

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
What bit strength and which algorithm does VW use?
Its a RSA-1024 bit Digital Signature, really hard to be brute force defeated, needs proprietary key for OBD2 flashing.

Also need backdoor security access to read/write to the ecu at the hardware level.

It even has a hardware firewall on one of the memories.

Each engine sensor has an RSA key.

1024-bit encryption is crackable. The idea is never to make something totally secure, but to make it enough of a time sink as to not be worth the trouble and profitable.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Here is some of what I know....

Program Flash Protection and Functions

• Sector architecture: – Eight 16 Kbyte, one 128 Kbyte and seven 256 Kbyte sectors. – Each sector separately erasable. – Each sector lockable for protection against erase and program (write protection).
• One additional configuration sector (not accessible to the user).
• Optional read protection for whole Flash, with sophisticated read access supervision. Combined with whole Flash write protection — thus supporting protection against Trojan horse programs.
• Sector specific write protection with support of re-programmability or locked forever.
• Comfortable password checking for temporary disable of write or read protection.
• User controlled configuration blocks (UCB) in configuration sector for keywords and for sector-specific lock bits (one block for every user; up to three users).
• Pad supply voltage (VDDP) also used for program and erase (no VPP pin).
• All Flash operations controlled by CPU per command sequences (unlock sequences) for protection against unintended operation.
• End-of-busy as well as error reporting with interrupt and bus error trap.
• Write state machine for automatic program and erase, including verification of operation quality.
• Support of margin check.
• Overlay support with SRAM for calibration applications.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Also...
Tuning protection is required by the user to absolutely protect control data (e.g. for engine control), serial number and user software, stored in the Flash, from being manipulated, and to safely detect changed or disturbed data. For the internal Flash, these protection requirements are excellently fulfilled in the TC1767 with • Flash read and write protection with user-specific protection levels, and with • dedicated HW and firmware, supporting the internal Flash read protection, and with • the Alternate Boot Mode. Special tuning protection support is provided for external Flash, which must also be protected.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If they ever decide to make one for us I am in without any hesitation. Had an accessport on my wrx and mazdaspeed. Best mod you can make. You can hold so many different map with octane, boost, track, daily driving, economy, valet mode and the list goes on... You get full engine read for afr, knocks, psi etc it just does everything !

I just don't understand cobb not wanting to deal with Hyundai, they could make a tune for VT, Sonata's, Genesis, santa fe.. I find that a big market right there !

·
Registered
639 Posts
I've seen someone use a Cobb in person, it is amaze balls. I would sink money into this without hesitation, and like -X- said, there are a lot of variables before they can even consider.

Reactions: velosterdude30

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
An accesport is so much more than a tune. It allows a tuner like DynoComp (who is an authorized Cobb tuner) and Tork to push out email tunes to update maps.

So let's say DYNOCOMP gets an update to their tune, they find a way to do something new whatever it may be they just email you the new file. You upload it to the Accessport and then to your car. No need to send an ECU back or get a new custom tune.

A great example is Tork and how he is constantly finding new things. People who have an earlier version would have to ship their ECU back for the updates. With an Accessport he could just email it to him.

It is a great tool. I will call Richard at DynoComp and see if he can put a bug in Cobbs ear as well. He has a great relationship as they build some of the fastest STIs on the planet Cobb tuned. :)
John is actually working on cracking into the obd and portable flash options. We talked about it at the meet!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
And it sounds amazing!! He really has his sh!t together when it comes to what we want as a car community.

I hope someone get's this done soon.......LOL

·
Registered
208 Posts
My Evo was dyno tuned with an Accessport. it works great. you can also set it to Valet mode and the rev limit is lowered to like 3000rpms

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
umm....not to be TOTALLY off topic but doesn't the VT have valet mode built into in the head unit?
I'm pretty sure that's just for the head unit so that they can't listen to/change music.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sold for me maybe our cars will sound like STI's if we get Cobb access port lol

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yea those cars do sound nice due to the boxer style

21 - 40 of 52 Posts