Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been doing a good amount of research trying to find replacement coil packs that are reliable without breaking the bank and came across a post saying 2013+ Hyundai Accent ignition coils work and are cheaper (which the cheaper part is definitely true) I was just wondering if anyone on here has any insight on this or other information that would be useful! Thank you guys in advance you all are great!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good luck bud. The cheapest I've ever found at from SXTH at $90 a coil + shipping. eBay and Amazon have cheaper ones but they're trash coils. Don't waste your money. Buy the OEM part.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a set with 30k on them from a teardown I just did if you want them for half the price per coil. I won't use them. My buddy crashed his car and I bought his wreck.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I can get the OEM coils for the car for $200 shipped per set to your door from korea.

Reactions: GSC2019

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: found out my part number for my specific ignition coils for my car (2016 Veloster Turbo) is 273012B120. Found them (OEM) going for as low as $25 on eBay coming from California, going to go ahead and buy 4 at $100 I feel like is a steal!

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts
sounds too good to be true.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Do not do that. Many counterfeit out there. $200 per set I mentioned is the cheapest you can find legit new OEM coils for.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ll keep this post updated on my results, it’s a mere $100 so worst case scenario I either return them or just buy from a different site/ dealership.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ll keep this post updated on my results, it’s a mere $100 so worst case scenario I either return them or just buy from a different site/ dealership.
So here is the update, just received the new ignition coils from the seller on eBay. All four are OEM original from Hyundai for more than half the price I paid $93 in total. Here are a few of the picture I took comparing the old ones I am replacing and the new one I purchased. After I changed out the old with the new I drove around and noticed a significant change, and since having them changed everything driving wise and ignition wise has been better than before. Therefore I would say this was a good gamble on spending less.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm glad they're working for you good sir. But I'm not convinced as all OEM Hyundai parts come with true Hyundai/Kia stickers and packaging.

But keeps us informed on them and how they last.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Post a pic of the top of the OEM in the car and the ones you purchased.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Ok, so these are likely OEM ignition coils, however, not likely new. OEM coils put in the engine at the assembly plant come with the sticker on top whereas new replacement coils do not have a sticker on them. So you actually most likely bought used OEM coils, not new, as I've seen hundreds of new sets and none have stickers on them but all that come in the engine from the OEM do have stickers. I figured this would be the case. I also know the cost of these direct from the manufacturer and they can't sell them new at that price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, so these are likely OEM ignition coils, however, not likely new. OEM coils put in the engine at the assembly plant come with the sticker on top whereas new replacement coils do not have a sticker on them. So you actually most likely bought used OEM coils, not new, as I've seen hundreds of new sets and none have stickers on them but all that come in the engine from the OEM do have stickers. I figured this would be the case. I also know the cost of these direct from the manufacturer and they can't sell them new at that price.
Sick brother, thanks for your knowledgeable input

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts
And not always the same color sticker. Mine are yellow!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts