Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just installed some rev 9 coilovers and the back shocks move a lot when driving and make the car super bouncy. I adjusted the dampening but im new to coilovers and I put the dampening to hard should I have put them to soft? any advice on the coils moving around also?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have KSports and I’m running pretty flush, can’t remember exact height but I’m slightly cambered in the front to somewhat match the rear. Anyway, I’m 13 in the front and 8 in the back. My tires are 225/45/17 inflated 34.5 front and 30 rear. Car still bounces here and there at higher speeds when the road gets rougher, but bearable in my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have KSports and I’m running pretty flush, can’t remember exact height but I’m slightly cambered in the front to somewhat match the rear. Anyway, I’m 13 in the front and 8 in the back. My tires are 225/45/17 inflated 34.5 front and 30 rear. Car still bounces here and there at higher speeds when the road gets rougher, but bearable in my opinion.
Just changed my dampening up and fix the issue!! Just the rear shocks are moving around creating a loud rattle sound when I drive. Know anyway to fix tht?

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,805 Posts
Sounds like not installed properly as part of the issue.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If the shocks are rattling I’d check torque specs and ensure all is tightened down.

Reactions: Thvnks

·
Super Moderator
3,545 Posts
The rear ride height is supposed to be set with the springs, then The shocks adjusted to match. What do they look like? If they look like ksports you should follow their directions.

·
Super Moderator
4,805 Posts
Exactly, incorrect install. Only ones that do this is from improper install or faulty/blown. Usually install in most cases with the wrong length adjustment based on ride height.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Exactly, incorrect install. Only ones that do this is from improper install or faulty/blown. Usually install in most cases with the wrong length adjustment based on ride height.
Regarding rear shock length, since I mentioned I’m still a bit bouncy this has me thinking maybe mine can be tweaked. My rear springs are set to be as low as they go, how long should the shock threaded adjustment area (part B in instructions) be? I know it says 2/3 of the top of the shock (part C in instructions) should be exposed but I’m not sure how long it actually is with it all together to judge properly... I’d like to just be able to spin them and not have to take things apart again...

·
Super Moderator
4,805 Posts
Regarding rear shock length, since I mentioned I’m still a bit bouncy this has me thinking maybe mine can be tweaked. My rear springs are set to be as low as they go, how long should the shock threaded adjustment area (part B in instructions) be? I know it says 2/3 of the top of the shock (part C in instructions) should be exposed but I’m not sure how long it actually is with it all together to judge properly... I’d like to just be able to spin them and not have to take things apart again...
Jack the car up and adjust them all to the same length with some preload. Drive the car then adjust again as needed. It will require some tweaking if not setup correctly the first time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts