Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. I'm new to the VT scene but already keen to get some coilovers fitted to enhance handling and performance.
I've called two places so far that have been recommended as suspension experts.
One place quoted $2000 fitted for XYZ coilovers and the other place quoted $1680 fitted for k-sport coilovers.
My questions are, what are the main differences between the two...(I read somewhere that they're very similar) Why is there such a price difference? I don't want to be spending all this money on something that is going to end up being unsatisfactory.
What brands are recommended? What else do I need to take into consideration?
Any help would be much appreciated:)

·
Banned
91 Posts
I've looked around the forum a bit and I haven't seen read any thing about the HSD coils they sale on Turbosocks. Has anyone had 1st hand experience with these coilovers?

TurboSocks

Thanks for the input guys

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I've looked around the forum a bit and I haven't seen read any thing about the HSD coils they sale on Turbosocks. Has anyone had 1st hand experience with these coilovers?

TurboSocks

Thanks for the input guys
Nothing really wrong with these although you are limited to what rear sway / torsion bar you can install. The bars available to work with these shock are generally 50% more expensive than the Whiteline / Pierce products.
Hey guys and gals. I'm new to the VT scene but already keen to get some coilovers fitted to enhance handling and performance.
I've called two places so far that have been recommended as suspension experts.
One place quoted $2000 fitted for XYZ coilovers and the other place quoted $1680 fitted for k-sport coilovers.
My questions are, what are the main differences between the two...(I read somewhere that they're very similar) Why is there such a price difference? I don't want to be spending all this money on something that is going to end up being unsatisfactory.
What brands are recommended? What else do I need to take into consideration?
Any help would be much appreciated:)
Nothing wrong with either of these brands. Although the 2K for the XYZ seems a bit steep. Obviously don't know what is included. Any coil over will take 3 - 4 hours to install, wheel alignment and corner balancing should take the same time irrespective of brand. As a point of comparison US RRP is K-Sport 1150, XYZ-SS 1045, XYZ-TS 1173.

The other brand you may consider is BC Racing. They have two models and the price is delivered ex NSW to your door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey mate thanks for your help and the link to the BC coil-overs. I like the look of these over the other two brands i mentioned and the price seems pretty good too.
I'd rather have something fitted to my car that quite a few people have had installed and haven't had any negative feedback on.
Both company's i called reckoned it would take a full day to fit as well :S

Hmmm... what else can i add to my shopping list...?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Both company's i called reckoned it would take a full day to fit as well :S
Mine took just over 3 hours to install and that was with me slowing the installer down

Hmmm... what else can i add to my shopping list...?
Depends on what you want and how much you want to spend. Since you are focussing on handling atm. Suggest you get lower engine mount (Tork, Turbotech and soon 6th Element) all around the $US200 + shipping. Front and rear sway - Whiteline readily available in AUS or Pierce Motorsports. Strut top brace will also do wonders (available from Pierce Motorsports)Don't really do much for the AUS spec cars but you can also get rigid collars for the K-Frame. If you do all your suspension mods at once you could save a bit of cash by having everything installed at once and only one alignment performed.

Suggest that you also look at setting up a US address with Shipito.com. preferably in California which charges 8.50 / month. Freight is VERY cheap and product is here within 3 days of them receiving it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your help mate. Just purchased the BC coil overs. Can't wait to get them now and have them installed. I might start a thread of my build :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts