Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased a 2019 hyundai veloster turbo 1.6L in april 2021. the car ran amazing since i got it. i put a magnaflow catback competition series exhaust on it in may. and still ran great. but now, it’s october and yeah mornings are a bit cold, usually between 4-10 degrees celsius. and now the car is having issues starting. and it’s not cold enough to have to plug in my block heater. i brought it to the dealership and they test drove it, and said everything was fine. but i know it’s not.

what could be the reason of this issue? i’m completely puzzled.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,564 Posts
What is it doing when starting?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is it doing when starting?
it’ll bring my rpms to 1800 and then it’ll go down to 500 rpms and i have to give it gas to get it to idle properly. once it’s idling properly, it’s runs and drives great

·
Administrator
5,564 Posts
On a cold start it is normal for rlm to go up for a bit before coming down to the 600's or 700's. What is not proper about the idle exactly? Why do you have to give it pedal exactly? Possible to get a video and post it? And codes when you scan the car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On a cold start it is normal for rlm to go up for a bit before coming down to the 600's or 700's. What is not proper about the idle exactly? Why do you have to give it pedal exactly? Possible to get a video and post it? And codes when you scan the car?
it’s normal yes, for the rpms. but if i don’t give it gas, it’ll shut off. and i’m unsure on how to post a video

·
Administrator
5,564 Posts
Scan for codes report back. See what fuel trims and vacuum are doing during the idle. A leak is the most common thing that would cause an abnormal idle and make the car shut off. But it can be other things as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scan for codes report back. See what fuel trims and vacuum are doing during the idle. A leak is the most common thing that would cause an abnormal idle and make the car shut off. But it can be other things as well.
i’ve brought it the dealership, they checked it and recommended for me to put premium to flush it out and put fuel injector cleaner. i have done that and it’s still happening. there is no code.

·
Administrator
5,564 Posts
No light or no code?
Check the other things as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts