Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
13' VT keep having cold start misfire, sometime the cel go off on its own but come again 3 Days later.. coils are not old, plus not old but are the crapy one from the 2013.. what could IT be? Can fuelline be responsable? I need help :p

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,962 Posts
If proper coils ending in 2B110 less than 50k miles, proper plugs heat range 8 or 9 with .028" gap on the oem tune or .024" gap on aftermarket tune, good fuel, no evap leaks, etc should be fine. On cold start the ecu is under different more agressive maps for warm up so some odd sounds are common if you have exhaust that may be louder but having misfire codes is not normal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i have a p0300 random misfire.. good fuel.. Mayne Ill try to put ngk 1422 for now, or can i run m45xl without a tune ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And i thought maybe IT can be low fuel pressure cause sometime ITs almost Stalling after driving more aggressively

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
Can run either plug and be fine. Will not be fuel pressure. Could be evap leak if almost stalling at low rpm/idle. Will not always throw a code for this but it can be seen in the fuel trims.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My purge selenoid is New, pcv valve New, dont think ITs my gas cap, what can i check ?

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
Live data, watch fuel trims in general and when it idle down low almost stalling to see if they fluctuate a lot.

Can also plug the PCV side to see if issue is from that.

Check for boost/vacuum leaks.

Gas cap no click no good.

Do not do any of this at the same time if you plan to narrow things down.

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
That can be a part starting to go out but not bad yet. Will have to keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: IT only seem to misfire on warmer climate.. ITs been more cold for the past 2 Days and ITs stop misfiring

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
Need more details on current setup to help further. Plugs, gaps, coils, miles on these, all aftermarket mods, all parts changed, fuel used, tune in the car, codes, when the codes come up, misfires per cylinder current and avg over last 10 drive cycles.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Plugs are ngk 93815 gap 0.032, OEM coil dont know the miles on IT but seems good because when i switch those the code was Still on same cylinder, only intake, 91 octane, stock tune, code are p0303 and p0300, code comme like once every 2 Weeks (typically on hot Day) and i dont know how to.know how Much misfire.. seems to be on coldstart

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
Need a heat range 8 or 9 plug in the car with .028" gap. Oem coil ending in 2B110. Less than 50k miles on coils and plugs. Misfires can be seen with a obd2 reader under test results.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So even if ITs the 3rd cylinder that misfire ITs probably the coil or sparkplug ?

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
So even if ITs the 3rd cylinder that misfire ITs probably the coil or sparkplug ?
Can be but no guarantee. Also on these cars you can have a cylinder misfire and the cause not be in that cylinder at all. Many see a misfire on a cylinder and only look at that cylinder and even replace parts for that cylinder. Also wrong move.

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts
you can put the coil on a different spark plug that ISNT experiencing a misfire...

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts
you did say that sorry i missed it.

which cylinder is misfiring? 3? try it in multiple spots. make sure you label it!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts