Veloster Turbo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'll try Ground, battery has 12.4v and 305 cca (Little low) 11.19v when Starting. Carbon was clean by the dealer when i bought IT but it was not Walnut blasting.. i dont know how they did it

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
I'll try Ground, battery has 12.4v and 305 cca (Little low) 11.19v when Starting. Carbon was clean by the dealer when i bought IT but it was not Walnut blasting.. i dont know how they did it
Battery seems low for the voltage you posted.
How old is the battery?
What is the voltage at the battery when the car is idling? It should be somewhere in the 13.8 to 14.2 range when at idle and charging.
The battery should be around12.8 to 13.3 when not running so check these numbers and see if the battery may not be one of your issues with the electrical side of things.
Good luck. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Battery seems low for the voltage you posted.
How old is the battery?
What is the voltage at the battery when the car is idling? It should be somewhere in the 13.8 to 14.2 range when at idle and charging.
The battery should be around12.8 to 13.3 when not running so check these numbers and see if the battery may not be one of your issues with the electrical side of things.
Good luck. 馃憤
I thinks ITs The one Who came with IT.. so 8 years

Super Moderator
8 years and in canada! that's getting your moneys worth.

Super Moderator
im no expert... i am going through the same crap on my bike. it was to be 13v and up but sits at 12.4/12.5 and sometimes does weird stuff. but far less parts involved.

Registered
Just an idea. If you have switched the plug, and then the coil on cylinder 3, then it could be that your injector is not working properly. It's kind of a pain in the but, but you could switch that with another cylinder to see if it's the source of the problem.

Registered
Even if ITs always Starting quickly?
Youve got to realize that these newer cars rely on consistent voltages to be in their optimum efficiency. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔
You're voltage you posted is too low.
I'd change the battery if I were you or swap with a good battery to see the difference.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Youve got to realize that these newer cars rely on consistent voltages to be in their optimum efficiency. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔
You're voltage you posted is too low.
I'd change the battery if I were you or swap with a good battery to see the difference.
Maybe, and i have a sobwoofer on the battery l, maybe IT drain some juice.. i dont really know about Electric stuff :p

Registered
Maybe, and i have a sobwoofer on the battery l, maybe IT drain some juice.. i dont really know about Electric stuff :p
I do and I'm an electronic technician by trade, Class A marine electrician, and house electrician so I'm trying to help you where I can. 馃憤馃榿馃檹馃徑
Good luck though and hope it's something as simple as the grounds or the battery.

Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
I've seen the grounds and battery cause issues like this so the electrical on these cars has to be sufficient for everything to work properly.

Super Moderator
Actually check the V when off, load test it and check V, and V running.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Sooo.. battery is good ( 12v.. 14v after Starting) Ground are good... Dosent seemed to be vaccum ( i spray some stuff on vaccum Line) and Still misfire and now another cylinder starter to misfire

Registered
How many miles are on your car? Have you checked compression? A weak or partially clogged injector could cause symptoms like this, but it's weird that it happens when it's warm. Hotter air is less dense, so a weak injector could be the culprit. Don't know how you can test it without removing them though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
How many miles are on your car? Have you checked compression? A weak or partially clogged injector could cause symptoms like this, but it's weird that it happens when it's warm. Hotter air is less dense, so a weak injector could be the culprit. Don't know how you can test it without removing them though.
Compression have 170psi on all 4 cylinder..

Super Moderator
Could be a cause

41 - 60 of 60 Posts