Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Had a interesting thought/issue come up a few times. Minnesnowta relative here and it's gotten extremely cold a handful of times over the course of this current winter. That being said I've noticed something a time or two when I go to warm up my car and leave the key in the vehicle as anyone would do. As I return to my warmed up car I close the door to see the dash screen telling me no key is present in the vehicle. BUT the kicker is I'll hold the key in my hand or turn my car off and go back inside and it seems after I warm the key up the vehicle recognizes it.
Has anyone had this issue?
I've tossed the idea of just a dead battery around but it just seems weird.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Replace the fob battery, I had the same thing happen to me for like 3 weeks in a row. Ohio isnt even as cold as MN LOL. Its just a watch battery CR2032 you can get them anywhere. Just crack the fob open after removing the metal key that stores inside.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, it's not like the battery is all that old or anything. I'll try it and see what happens. Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Interesting, it's not like the battery is all that old or anything. I'll try it and see what happens. Thanks for the insight.
Cold as balls + battery of almost any kind = Death. Car and motorcycle batteries, phone batteries, drone batteries. They all have charges sapped due to cold.

·
Super Moderator
3,545 Posts
Not just that it if it's the factory battery it could have been on the shelf for awhile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts