Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the forum. I have a 2013 Veloster Turbo Auto with 75k miles. I just recently noticed this (pics) on hose that connects the radiator to the engine. It's all dried up and I don't know when it started since I don't drive my car much since 2019. I drive the car probably a couple of times a week and short distances under 10 miles. The coolant in the reservoir is just 1/4in above the L mark after driving it and warmed up; if this info helps.
Has anyone experienced something similar? Do I have a leak?
Your input would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Automotive tire Steering part Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly very small leak. Clean it well, fill coolant to the F mark, crank the car and let it idle until the fan comes on. Then drive a few miles and check the hose for leaks again. You may or may not need a new hose. Sometimes cleaning the oem hose or moving it a little fixes any leaks.
Thank you trdtoy, I'm going to give this a try today. A silly question, can I fill the reservoir with distilled water or should I get the Hyundai OEM coolant? I live in Southern CA, if that matters. Lastly, when I let the car idle, do I need to keep the reservoir cap off to let any possible air out?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts