Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 547 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
So my project has got alot to go, but i have got alot accomplished so far. This is SOME of what i found so far.....

1. The TC1767 Tri-core has 15 P_FLASH sectors that contain 256 bytes ( PFLASH 0 )
2. It also has a ( DFLASH ) sector that contains an additional 64 KB of flash memory
3. It also contains ( SRAM ) which has 24 KB of flash memory:tongue:
4. In the header block (0X00) it contains the DREADDED FLASH PROTECTION PASSWORDS...yes 2 passwords, (they were serious abot protecting the data from being messed with ), but they are located in BYTES 2-5, and 6-9 and they are both 32 bit encoded....Phew....!, and also flash protecton coding in BYTES 11-12 is 16 bit encoded...DAMM...! THE good news is that it can be re-programed.:money:
5. A specially written piece of software MUST be written in order to flash the ecu so that the proper 0X55 ACKNOWLEDGEMENT is sent and not the DREADDED 0XF9 VERIFICATION error. :crazy:

I have about 300+ hours so far in this project, and many more to come. I have sarted writing my own editing software, and a dedicated flash module SPECIFICALLY for the TC1767 Tri-core AUDO-F for the Veloster, i also have written a piece of software that can capture data using KWP2000 prootcol to help find some of the algorithims that hyundai uses so identifing the maps in the dissembly wil be easier.

This is a project of mine that i am doing by myself, with some input from some members here on this forum, INCLUDING a forum sponser. I think the community as a whole, including the sponsers, and tuners would benefit from this project, ( and i get to tune my own car.....:smile:) if anyone is interested in contributing to this you can PM me or respond back to this thread, many other platforms in the car industry have done this with great sucess, and we could to.....! :cool2:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And on a side note...PLEASE let's keep this thread STRICTLY about the ecu and related info only....NO wise guy's or other non ecu related stuff please, if you want to screw around please don't do it on my thread, i have ALOT of time, money and effort in this project. If you have something to say, or if you have a negitive comment, i will be more than happy to banter about it in a PM....!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
capture-20131225-085506.jpg
Here is a TEASER....LOL

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
capture-20131225-090214.jpg
I had to block out my helper....confidentially clause...LOL

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Soo, are you open sourcing our tunes? What does all this accomplish?
Hopefully this will accomplish the ability to have a bunch of HIGH HP Veloster turbo cars running around.....!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is already a website launched that will host the code, also im working on a twitter feed, and a facebook page also. I will release all the contact info soon...!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This editing platform has been sucessful for many years now on thousands of ecu's, and now i'm modifing it to work on the vt, and will re brand it as soon as I launch its own website.

·
Registered
563 Posts
what a christmas gift to all veloster owners. looking forward to this tuning project

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You did a crappy job we can all tell who it is and considering the same person posted a picture with that software in it a few days ago it isn't hard to figure out.
I didn't think it would have been that hard....LOL

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will have to heavily rely on tuners like Kyle, and possibly others since they would be most relialbe, and capable to beta test...Thanks Rocky..

·
Registered
873 Posts
So anxious lol. Cant wait for 14

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
haha i get it now. kudos to you!

will certainly be exciting :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the support everyone, before ANY editing is offered, i must get the ecu to re-flash it's own .bin/.hex file through the obd2 port. That's the most important step, any input, thoughts, knowledge will be appreciated...

1 - 20 of 547 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.