Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you like a custom grille for your Veloster Turbo minus the Hyundai emblem and without the unsightly license plate hump in the middle ?

I'm negotiating with several production companies to make a grille pictured below that would be either injection molded or vacuum formed to exactly fit/replace the OEM grille. The grille would have 16 horizontal bars that have spaces, the same height as the bars and would be ultra violet protected, the same color as the OEM grille, minus the towing access cutout (although shown in the illustration), would be similar in construction as the OEM grille and would come with complete front bumper fascia disassembly and installation, and reassembly instructions. The grille would retail for approx. $239.00 + shipping.

The license plate area would be at the bottom and recessed 1-1/2" back from the face of the grille. The illustration is a concept drawing.

A grille of this nature would need to be manufactured in quantity, so for that reason, I am asking if you would be a serious prospect for ordering once production is complete.

Please PM me your interest and I wil add you to the list of positive responders. \

ttwotees :cool2:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tow hook and license plate block

The grille must be made for every application. The tow hook is totally unnecessary as the car is no longer on an assembly line nor
do wreckers use such devices.

The license plate block will stay. Most states require a front license plate and as designed it is the least obtrusive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am okay with losing the tow hook, and I really want a grille like this, but the license plate block is a deal breaker. That's the main reason anybody wants to replace the front grille in the first place, they don't like the black brick. Why can't the people who need a front plate simply use 'L' brackets from the bottom or mount some type of bracket through the grille?

Anyway, if you lose the license plate block, count me in, for 2! Otherwise, I'll pass, but good luck!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Maybe you could see about having a removable license plate bracket of some sort. It could mount through the slats in the grill to something behind it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Here in Georgia, we do not require the front plate, so I hate it.

Also, I think that concept picture, the grill look too HUGE! It need something to break it up...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe you could see about having a removable license plate bracket of some sort. It could mount through the slats in the grill to something behind it.
You know, that's the first responsible suggestion I've received. I would be willing to look at this possibility. Other than this, this is the design concept. The grille is the same size as the OEM and I added the vertical bars to help break up the expanse.
I appreciate all the suggestions, but I can't change the design to please every person, so I will take tubascience' suggestion into consideration. As I requested, if you are a serious prospect, PLEASE PM me.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I win!!!
I was surprised when I found out that the brick was permanent and didn't come off. That seemed crazy. I think most cars have it so you can take it off. Or you may have to put holes in the bumper to mount it.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
I woulda probably been serious about being in until the no tow hook access (some may use it) but mainly the vertical bar and excess slat design, coupled with the possibility of still having the block.

The more slats you have, the less airflow to the intercooler, radiator and condenser.

I am working on a couple 3D models in CAD right now that differ from the stock without the H and the brick but I don't know where I will go with them.

Reactions: Hurricane

·
Registered
407 Posts
Living in a place with snow means I need access to the tow hook. Not sure where you plan on pulling from if you happen to get stuck. My old 2000 Tib had a center under mount tow hook which was nice.

A removable license plate brick is a great idea! I thought I saw something like this for the Genesis that actually used the tow hook receiver to hold the plate bracket.

·
Registered
618 Posts
How about something similar to the velocity sema front grille w/o Hyundai logo that in black chrome or flat black would look sick

·
Registered
25 Posts
I live in Indiana and we don't have front plates, I would want a grill with NO plate mount. I'm not to impressed with your design. It has that venetian blinds look.

I would like a mesh maybe in black or stainless. It’s such a big opening it will be a design challenge for any material. Audi has a good look, I would suggest some like they have. If you insist on a plate mount make it removable so people like me can remove it.

my 2C

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'd like to see a grill that looks like the concept drawings for the Red and White Sema veloster. Not the grill they actually put on it, but what the original drawings had. Black mesh set back a few inches. That would look bad as hell!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I was thinking of the wrong one.

I meant this one.

I really want that on mine

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No grilles will be made - too many critics - build them yourselves

Sorry folks; I'm not going to make a grille now. Every one wanted a different grille and nobody can do that. Stainless Steel ??? You must want to pay $1,000 for a grille (duh - stupid)
Remember, Mom said, If you can't say anything nice, then shut your damn pie hole. Dies for injection molded grilles cost approx. $20K then there's the material and labor plus shipping.
If we could have ordered 200 grilles, they could have been sold for $195-$250, but it's impossible to make a specialty grille for each, besides if you didn't like it, make it yourself and see
where you come out.

ttwotees :sorry:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I live in Indiana and we don't have front plates, I would want a grill with NO plate mount. I'm not to impressed with your design. It has that venetian blinds look.

I would like a mesh maybe in black or stainless. It’s such a big opening it will be a design challenge for any material. Audi has a good look, I would suggest some like they have. If you insist on a plate mount make it removable so people like me can remove it.

my 2C
If you don't like my design, you can stuff it up where the sun don't shine. Go build it yourself.

·
Registered
438 Posts
TTWOTEES, why so hostile mate? relax a bit and i`m sure you liked what you designed as i sure others did. It`s just not going to be for every single memeber and thats why they are expressing what they would like to see in a grille.
Hope ya get it made for yourself because it sounds like you really like it but as far as people " not liking it " well thats upto them really isnt it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
besides if you didn't like it, make it yourself and see
where you come out.

ttwotees :sorry:
Wouldn't be the first time. I'll have to see if I can find pics of one of the first ones I made, turned out fantastic.

You Bird Brain. It would be cheaper to buy a Ferrari. Why are you fooling around with a Hyundai. (oh brother, idiots galore)
Weren't you the bird brained idiot who started this thread? Why are YOU fooling around with a Hyundai.

If you don't like my design, you can stuff it up where the sun don't shine. Go build it yourself.
Your design is ugly as sin and you're an a55hole, so stuff that.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts