Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Rate BTRcc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Providing a place where people can comment/discuss their experiences with the vendors here, as well as rate the vendors.
If you've dealt with BTRcc Vote 1-5 Stars
Make sure to post a comment with the Pros, Cons,
and any additional comments about your experience with the vendor.

Try and keep this thread for reviews only. Make it a bit easier for customers to do research.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
here is my review so far and if my experience changes as time goes by I will update this post.....

Their tune is wicked awesome. I gained 48whp and 85ft/lbs tq with my custom dyno tune!! Driveability is also great increased, the car is much smoother and pulls like a beast all the way through the raised rev limiter!! The car finally has a little bite to back up it's bark...... I couldn't be happier with the car right now and would recommend BTRcc to all as they made me fall in love with my car all over again!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
BTR tune is great... fuel economy has went down on Highway. ..based on my work commute.. driving same speed and going same route..

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
BTR tune is great... fuel economy has went down on Highway. ..based on my work commute.. driving same speed and going same route..
I got better mpg on the way back with the tune than I did on the way down there :lol:

·
Registered
282 Posts
BTRcc ECU DOA delivered

Ordered the BTRcc ECU for my VT. Shipped extremely fast from Korea :smile: Pulled up their install video and proceeded to install as per instructions. Video was super helpful, pretty much anyone should be able to do this :cool2: . Went to start it up and Font Won't start :furious::furious::furious:, Called and they are closed on the weekend left voicemail but we will see what happens, I had called before this on a question and they never called me back, so as they say We Will See ! I will update this post with outcome. Notice below the numbers above the barcode are different, Stock shows, T34C / BTRcc shows T22C.
Technology Vehicle Minivan Car Electronics Technology Electronic device Audio equipment

·
Super Moderator
3,826 Posts
They were tuning in CT today. Was a fun day! They will probably get back to you Tuesday or Wednesday.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks for the Heads-up. Finger Hand Thumb Yellow Gesture

·
Registered
282 Posts
OK, Now I'm feeling an increase in Frustration, Orig ordered Tune 6/9/14. It arrived on 6/14/14 from S. Korea, very fast. Installed and didn't start. Called and left message same day, Tried calling again the 16th, 17th and on the 17th they finally replied to my Email from the 14th stating that they would send out new ECU right away. I then would need to send them the first one I recieved. I waited until yesterday the 25th to call because nothing had arrived nor a tracking Email sent to me. Bill from BTR stated he would dig into it for me, apologizing for the delay, and would call me back. Today the 26th no call so far and I have attempted to call the 3 times ending up on their voicemail. Needless to say I'm about ready to demand a refund. I know that many have had a good experience with BTR, but I would only give them a failing grade. I'll update with outcome as it (hopefully unfolds):furious::furious:

PS: Many can say to me I TOLD YOU SO

·
Registered
282 Posts
They did call me back re: ECU, apparently It is stuck at US Customs but they were able to pay to get it sent on. They say I should have in the next few days. Ill update as it happens. Bill was who I talked to did call me back so yes my bloodpressure has gone down a bit from earlier.

·
Registered
23 Posts
They did call me back re: ECU, apparently It is stuck at US Customs but they were able to pay to get it sent on. They say I should have in the next few days. Ill update as it happens. Bill was who I talked to did call me back so yes my bloodpressure has gone down a bit from earlier.
I hope it all works out. I am curious how it works.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just a quick update on my interaction with BTRcc, Yesterday I received another ECU and installed it, went great and car started this time. I then went for a test drive and all I can say is WOW, Great power and much smoother through the R's. In the end I'm sure my experience was not typical and in the end it was well worth the time and frustration. I would suggest this option if you can not get to a tuning event in your area. If BTRcc has one in N. Illinois or S. Wisconsin then I will go and have them tweak it, hopefully by that time I will have a FMIC and BOV installed.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Did they ask you for your mods before tuned the ECU?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.