Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Rate Pierce Motorsports

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Jim's customer service is second to non. I have ordered the strut brace, 4 point and rear torsion from Jim and they are all top notch products and made a huge difference in the way my VT handles. I will be purchasing the front crash bar soon to mount my TS FMIC too. You can have no worries when purchasing from Jim. He is also quick to answer any questions you may have no matter how small they may be. Jim is a benefit to our community and I look forward to what he is going to come up with next.

·
Registered
361 Posts
^ jim redefines customer service. His true enthusiasm toward our car and this community shows through. I mean who in the business sends their customers email at 8, 9 or 10pm on his own time to check to see how much you are enjoying your purchace? Jim Pierce thats who!

Reactions: WhiteBoy

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the pleasure of meeting Jim and his crew today and had a TRACK Version Strut Brace installed and then later had the Rear Torsion Bar installed by my mechanic. (I originally ordered the Rear Torsion Bar and had it sent to my mechanics garage but when I found that he was close to where I lived, I went ahead and got both items taken care of.) Oh....my....god.... I can't tell you enough how well these products work and how drastically the handling of my car improved. Turns that used to be soft and squishy are like riding on a rail now. The wiggly tail problem has been reduced by about 85-90% (I still have stock springs and tires so the grip is still terribad.) My next purchase will be the 2 Point Front Tiebar Brace with hopefully new springs come this Christmas. YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH PIERCE MOTORSPORTS!!!
Pros: Great costumer interaction! Very Personable People!
Fast Service!
Very knowledgeable about Velosters and his Products Performance!
He will not oversell product to you, He will consider your driving needs against your concerns and recommend what products will best fit your situation.

Cons: .................................................................nope, got nothing..................................................................still nothing..................................

I can't recommend these guys highly enough.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
For your first post that was pretty informative! Nice review! I hope to soon own a couple pieces from Jim

Reactions: BigGuy

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
It takes quite a bit to wow me. With that said, Jim and team definitely offer an ass-pinching experience!

December 6th: I PM Jim to ask about some details: can I get bars without paint, do I need to buy anything else for the DP, blah blah blah.
December 6th // 10:51pm: Jim responds with a few paragraphs with all of my questions answered.
December 30th - holiday bonus arrives. I PM Jim to let him know I'm ready to order, what I'm ordering, and specific instructions.
December 30th // 6:33pm: He provides me with the total cost to my door and confirms my order. He gives me estimated shipping dates for every single item. He details when he'll have it ready, etc. He explains he's in Big Bear and the welder is on vacation, but ensures me he'll get started asap pending whether Magnaflow was going to be open, etc. He discloses that my torsion bar is out of stock, but details when it will be ready for shipping.
December 31st: I paypal him the funds
December 31st // 9:28am: Confirmed funds arrived.

At this point, I didn't expect to hear from him until the first Monday of the new year. I mean, for goodness sakes, he's out of town and his welder is on vacation. Let the man have a margarita, right?!

January 1 // 6:28pm: Jim sends me the Fedex shipping number for my Magnaflow exhaust.
January 4 // 5:45pm: Jim PMs me two UPS tracking numbers, specific details on what's inside each box, how it's wrapped, what stickers are in which envelope, etc.

Every PM thanked me for my business. Every PM ensured I had all the details I needed. Every PM was honest. I really felt like Jim appreciated my business, and that really matters to me.

The quality of the craftsmanship is unsurpassed. Even the powder coater commented on the quality of workmanship--and he sees stuff like this all day, every day.

If you're looking for an exceptional quality product and outstanding personalized service, Pierce Motorsports should be your first and final destination.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I still think you got jipped on the subpar wrapping experience since you didn't get them painted.

Reactions: Talulu

·
Super Moderator
1,119 Posts
It takes quite a bit to wow me. With that said, Jim and team definitely offer an ass-pinching experience!

December 6th: I PM Jim to ask about some details: can I get bars without paint, do I need to buy anything else for the DP, blah blah blah.
December 6th // 10:51pm: Jim responds with a few paragraphs with all of my questions answered.
December 30th - holiday bonus arrives. I PM Jim to let him know I'm ready to order, what I'm ordering, and specific instructions.
December 30th // 6:33pm: He provides me with the total cost to my door and confirms my order. He gives me estimated shipping dates for every single item. He details when he'll have it ready, etc. He explains he's in Big Bear and the welder is on vacation, but ensures me he'll get started asap pending whether Magnaflow was going to be open, etc. He discloses that my torsion bar is out of stock, but details when it will be ready for shipping.
December 31st: I paypal him the funds
December 31st // 9:28am: Confirmed funds arrived.

At this point, I didn't expect to hear from him until the first Monday of the new year. I mean, for goodness sakes, he's out of town and his welder is on vacation. Let the man have a margarita, right?!

January 1 // 6:28pm: Jim sends me the Fedex shipping number for my Magnaflow exhaust.
January 4 // 5:45pm: Jim PMs me two UPS tracking numbers, specific details on what's inside each box, how it's wrapped, what stickers are in which envelope, etc.

Every PM thanked me for my business. Every PM ensured I had all the details I needed. Every PM was honest. I really felt like Jim appreciated my business, and that really matters to me.

The quality of the craftsmanship is unsurpassed. Even the powder coater commented on the quality of workmanship--and he sees stuff like this all day, every day.

If you're looking for an exceptional quality product and outstanding personalized service, Pierce Motorsports should be your first and final destination.
You think you're WOW'd now? just wait till you have them installed. Your rear won't be sliding around like your in some cheap silk sheets, your going to take every bump like a woman and you're going to be in ecstasy with every turn.

...Before you know it, you'll be screaming "OH Jim, OOHH Jim!!!" ;)

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
You think you're WOW'd now? just wait till you have them installed. Your rear won't be sliding around like your in some cheap silk sheets, your going to take every bump like a woman and you're going to be in ecstasy with every turn.

...Before you know it, you'll be screaming "OH Jim, OOHH Jim!!!" ;)
Ecstasy is a good feeling so great analogy! I can't wait for one day to get some of these parts!

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I don't see it mentioned on here very much, but I would also tell you that you should look into getting the stainless braided brake lines Jim sells as well. They are of the same quality as you would expect from Jim and the difference they will make in the way the brakes feel will just blow your panties off. I have driven other VT's after I installed mine, and almost got myself into trouble due to the fact that I had become accustomed to my brakes. I hope to add new rotors and pads this spring to make the braking even better.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I don't see it mentioned on here very much, but I would also tell you that you should look into getting the stainless braided brake lines Jim sells as well. They are of the same quality as you would expect from Jim and the difference they will make in the way the brakes feel will just blow your panties off. I have driven other VT's after I installed mine, and almost got myself into trouble due to the fact that I had become accustomed to my brakes. I hope to add new rotors and pads this spring to make the braking even better.
You should do a review on the lines.. I know myself didn't see much point in them because I couldn't imagine just changing the lines would add any benefit but I'm also learning a ton about different parts by being part of this great community

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Jim is an absolute pleasure to work with. Sent pics of the product along each step. Very helpful. Got me a great price on everything I ordered. Havent installed on the car since im out of rhe country but rhey look great and can't wait to put them on. I definately recommend supporting this vendor as I will continue to do business with him in the future.

·
Super Moderator
3,181 Posts
recieved my ksports. had to go get them from fedex though (not pierce's fault) . he was very attentive to my emails which is A++ in my book.

excellent price. will do business with again :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I went to Jim's today, again, to get my Eibach's that I bought from him installed. He also installed my Tork resonator delete and I picked up my AEM CAI I bought off of him. I'm going to wait on some used calipers and then get them PC'd and pick up some SS brake lines.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Jim and his team are great im lucky to live near the shop so i purchased all my stuff from him and got it done there. Great guys great prices and great work i cant complain one bit. Very nice offered my gf and i donuts and drinks and was very nice to let me watch and see everything he was doing gave me pointers on what to do. Workers are nice as well, this is my first car i mod ( i rode bikes) so im clueless on pretty much 90% of everything and they all took the time to explain everything i asked. Great customer service. I would go to him for all my VT need and tell anyone with V, VT's to go to him.

Thanks again guys i freakin love my car so much more next up are springs and i will be there again

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Jim and his team are great im lucky to live near the shop so i purchased all my stuff from him and got it done there. Great guys great prices and great work i cant complain one bit. Very nice offered my gf and i donuts and drinks and was very nice to let me watch and see everything he was doing gave me pointers on what to do. Workers are nice as well, this is my first car i mod ( i rod bikes) so im clueless on pretty much 90% of everything and they all took the time to explain everything i asked. Great customer service. I would go to him for all my VT need and tell anyone with V, VT's to go to him.

Thanks again guys i freakin love my car so much more next up are springs and i will be there again
Whiteboy and I just help out. We don't really work there in the typical sense of the word. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the experience. Definitely looking forward to seeing you again for more parts ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
A+++ I haven't been in the Veloster family long. But from the first time I ran into Jim at pierce motorsports I automatically got the vibe that he knew what he was doing. Instant responses on PM messages. Updates on orders, and shipped really fast. Oh might I say Top of the line products. Thanks Jim!!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,181 Posts
another wonderful order from pierce that arrived quicker than expected.

Reactions: Piercemotorsports

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can't say enough good about Pierce. Excellent quality product, extremely good looking stuff... and most of all, it works. I installed a rear torsion bar and a 2 point front tie bar brace on my VT today, and it feels like an entirely different car. The way it should feel from the factory. These should be mandatory upgrades.

Also, Jim gave me information and advice on installing one of his products I didn't even buy from him. That is a guy who takes pride in what he does. Shut up and give him your money.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Got a front strut brace installed yesterday. Jim color matched it to my Vitamin C, but 8 coats of paint on it, and gave me the rest of the paint to do touch ups with. Customer service is above and beyond.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Having read so many positive things about Pierce Motorsports, when I came time to start modifying my car, I knew where to turn first. I ended up purchasing a rear torsion bar, a track brace, and a magnaflow exhaust through Pierce Motorsports. Within an hour of placing the order on a Friday I had a personal thank you e-mail from Jim Pierce and further information regarding what I had purchased and expected arrival times. The rear torsion bar was ready to go having just received a new batch, the exhaust would be coming direct from the manufacturer (as ordered by Jim), the track brace would be underway asap as it is made to order and shipped a week or so later (not like Thanksgiving is coming up or anything), and a Pierce Motorsports racing team shirt for good measure.

Two days later (Sunday), I had another update e-mail and tracking number for the torsion bar and shirt. The day after that, another status update on the track brace and tracking for the exhaust. Order to door from California to North Carolina for the torsion bar, shirt, and exhaust was one week as all items came in the following Friday. All the while, Jim was posting photos of my track brace in process to the forums which was very cool.

While I waited on the track brace, it was time to install the rear torsion bar. I ran into some issues during my initial install attempt, but Jim responded on the forums in less than a day and my next go around went much smoother. I received an update e-mail from Jim for the track brace on Wednesday the 26th at 11:30PM EST (thats the day before Thanksgiving!). Pretty sure Jim doesn't sleep as he is always available and more than happy to help or answer questions and he was extremely proactive with updates on my order along the way. Not to say other vendors on the forum don't do this, but Pierce Motorsports should be the template from which other vendors should model their customer service.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with my order and the quality of the products received. Everything is now on (magnaflow exhaust installed by a shop this past weekend) and it feels like a brand new car. I can't recommend this vendor or his products enough and look forward to future business with him as I move from phase A to phase B and beyond.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts