Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Rate Pierce Motorsports

• Total voters
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Product Review-VT One Strut Bar and Upper Rear Chassis Bar

Just wanted to say thank you to Jim and his company. His products are well built and solid. I currently have the VT One strut bar and the upper rear chassis bar installed on my car. I have been able to tell the difference with turn-in at higher speeds with these installed. With them working in conjunction with the rear torsion (sway) bar the car feels tighter overall and more planted to the road. I am patiently waiting for my new front tubular crash bar. Great products, responsive customer service, and a great overall experience. Rated 5 stars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As I am a late comer, I have relied on posts in this & Hyundai forum. I started looking for tuner type products for my Elantra GT. Came across Pierce early on & made contact with him. He has been a great help with my new found addiction of auto-x / track days. Since there were limited products for Elantra, I was able to pick up a Veloster turbo to play with since I wanted to get a little more serious & not have to worry about stress of having daily driver ready every day. Jim has been supportive with both vehicles, I would also give 6 stars for his commitment to the enjoyment of all us auto enthusiasts in general. I love spending my money with a company like his. I only wish I could travel to west coast to play with the crowd out there. Maybe in time. Congratulations on a job well done Jim & Ilook forward to working with you for awhile.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I figure this might be the best place to ask this question since everyone here has bought the product.

Does this torsion bar reduce understeer? and in what way does it make the car feel "more planted"? Does it also reduce body roll if accompanied with coilovers?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Can you link the product you're looking at? I'd say coilovers up front with some camber then rear sway bar would be the biggest two things to cut understeer along with tirees.

·
Registered
82 Posts
fronts at -1.5 camber, 0 toe, not sure about caster adjustments. dampening is at 24/36, rear dampening is 30/36 (my attempts at creating stiffer front/softer rear for more turn-in). not sure if that helps or not.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
i would soften the front up some nomnom if the car isn't rotating as you like.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
fronts at -1.5 camber, 0 toe, not sure about caster adjustments. dampening is at 24/36, rear dampening is 30/36 (my attempts at creating stiffer front/softer rear for more turn-in). not sure if that helps or not.
They higher the Clicks the stiffer the suspension is.. so from the numbers you posted looks like the rear is stiffer.. I run mine 30/36 front and 30/36 rear at the moment.. Im thinking of maxing them out.. I also run a 200 tread tire, front sway on the middle setting, and 2 psi higher in the rear (this changes every event but a good starting point), Camber is -2.5 front (Which should be closer to -3) and rear is -2.2, toe is zero in the front but can be moved depending on the track.. if its tight and not many straights you would benefit from a slight toe out which will give you better turn in but will kill straight speeds.. So there is a balance to play with..

Stiffer rear end will allow you to rotate the rear of the car in turns which is the fastest way to get through them..

Set up:
PM ReaR torsion (A must for every Vt and NAV)
PM 2pt front tie bar (4pt and 6pt are stiffer but not allowed in all classes)
PM Race upper strut (Had a Vt-one which was a great bar for the $$$)
PM Roll Cage (Stiffens up the whole rear of the car)
PM Rear Camber kit (Allows to fine tune the rear toe/camber which from the factory is way off)
PM Lightweight flywheel/clutch (Really helps get the power down in track conditions)
PM front and rear crash bars (which save you a bunch of weight and allow for custom brackets for things like oil coolers and intercoolers)
Ksport COilovers (PM helped Ksport with the specs of the VT and why i feel they are the best match for our cars over competitors)
PM Brake kit (This includes lines, rotors, pads, fluid.. Best kit on the market until you go BBK)

Everything i bought from PM has been top notch and i have about 130K miles on the car now which include street and track driving. All the parts i mentioned have held up amazingly and have been on the car since 20K miles.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts