Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, Wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I've had Whiteline Solid my mount installed for about two months now. I notice I usually have a slow drip coming from the drain plug.

Two days ago I did a fluid change used Red Line MT-85 75W85 GL-4, and I was 1 quart low. We added two back. Yesterday I drove to play paintball, a good distance checked it didn't really do any spirited pulls and I wasn't dripping or leaking.

On the way home, it was much hotter 105 or something (Las Vegas) I did do a few more hard pulls on the way home. When I pulled up my driveway I noticed a good amount of fluid leaking. From this spot, I wiped it down and took these pictures this morning, I'm wondering if the guy just didn't Torque the bolt properly. We used a new OEM Washer and added a rubber washer.

Just looking for input, the car drives fine no slipping or transmission failures. Just concerned.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk
Gas Rim Nut Composite material Auto part
Automotive tire Bumper Gas Rim Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,486 Posts
Plug and oem washer is all needed not a rubber washer as well. How do you know how low it is? Not a dipstick to know fluid level that I'm aware of.

I'd say the leak could be due to one or more of the following:
  • Using a washer not needed
  • Not tq to spec
  • Possible over filled
  • Expansion from heat

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plug and oem washer is all needed not a rubber washer as well. How do you know how low it is? Not a dipstick to know fluid level that I'm aware of.

• Not tq to spec
  • Possible over filled
  • Expansion from heat
We drained into empty bottles, we took out 1 Quart~. I still have two quarts and if it keeps doing this I'll re-do it and remove the rubber washer he added. First I'll do the easiest and check the torque the Forums said 43-57 ft lb. Ill go for the higher end of that. like 55.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should I opt to switch to Redline's specific DCTF fluid - I've read that many people on here are using Redline MT-85 with no problems I know you like Amsoil I just already have the MT-85. Appreciate your help. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't gotten around to redoing the drain plug just yet, am going to this weekend. Though I just took a few more pictures and its hard to say where the leak is coming from. It seems like it might be coming from this seam then coming down to the drain plug, Though it is hard to tell. I'll have to report back after I take that nasty washer off.

Automotive tire Tire Bumper Grey Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Fixture Grey Gas Rim

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,221 Posts
saturation can do that, i would fix up the plug and clean everything nice and check it out after a few days.

Reactions: Frostedflames

·
Registered
33 Posts
Should I opt to switch to Redline's specific DCTF fluid - I've read that many people on here are using Redline MT-85 with no problems I know you like Amsoil I just already have the MT-85. Appreciate your help. :)

No, do NOT use DCTF fluid as that is not the right kind of oil used in our dry clutch DCT gearbox.

I talked with Redline's R&D chemist and he suggested to use MT 75W-85 in my DCT instead of the CAFE speced OEM weight 75w-70, as I tow a boat with my tuner Hyundai Kona 1.6T AWD and have a tune. If I go with a hybrid turbo I will use 75W-90 GL4.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, do NOT use DCTF fluid as that is not the right kind of oil used in our dry clutch DCT gearbox.

I talked with Redline's R&D chemist and he suggested to use MT 75W-85 in my DCT instead of the CAFE speced OEM weight 75w-70, as I tow a boat with my tuner Hyundai Kona 1.6T AWD and have a tune. If I go with a hybrid turbo I will use 75W-90 GL4.
Thank you for the peace of mind :) - So far I've been going fine even dripping a milliliter or two a day. Works had me busy haven't had a chance to remove that rubber gasket took some pictures on flat ground earlier today to confirm its just the gasket. Seems to be just making its way to random spots, I usually park in a Driveway so it was hard to pin point.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I took this video because I couldn't pin point where it was coming from DCT Leak - It appears the leak is coming from above somewhere
Any ideas at all?
My DCT has a leak coming from a case split and out of the bell housing ever so slightly. A couple Konas had leaks on the Kona site too. I question if the split cases should of had some form a gasket and not just permatex.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered some high temp liquid gasket from Honda when I get back from vacation going to try to track this leak down remove the panels etc etc. Get rid of the plug while im down there. And possible use that. Or just drip Trans fluid and top it off every so often. It honestly runs fine, downshifts upshifts, sports mode manual just this silly leak :(

·
Registered
1 Posts

• Not tq to spec
  • Possible over filled
  • Expansion from heat
My 2017 Veloster Turbo, DCT.....Just got it back today from the dealer....Transmission wouldnt shift trying to leave from work! Had to have a tow to the dealer...Took a month for them to look at it! After a month they looked at it and decided the transmission fail at 77K....Took another month for a new transmission , and they gave me a RENTAL! Luckily all was covered under warranty but what a pain in the butt! I had no notification of anything wrong! It was very sudden, and with a new transmission have a one year 12k mile warranty on it! Guess they don't stand behind their product!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts