Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys using for oil in your ecoshift dual clutch ? I am thinking any 75/85 synthetic??

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
But why change? It should last a long time. Good oils to replace are not needed in most cases and will also be costly.

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
I know i swapped my trans oil out way early but i had a manual so i cant help you with what to use for the DCT... sorry... whatever the manual says should be fine.. just go with a higher quality brand.

·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
Trans oil

You can also use fluid for regular manual transmissions if you are looking for something cheap and locally bought. Just verify the viscosity recommendation in the owner’s manual.

Definitely advise using something fully synthetic like the two in my post above.

Found this while digging around:
*API GL-4 70W or equivalent
*CAPACITIES (7-speed D7UF1):
**Total Fill: 2.1 quarts

2 quarts might be enough if you don’t fully drain it.

Valvoline is a name brand option that has a supposedly full synthetic DCT fluid.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.... Looks like Castrol 75/85 synthetic is the way to go. Now I just gotta find the damn drain bolt and fill hole lmao

·
Registered
872 Posts
I used Amsoil full synthetic and I am extremely happy with it. Swapped it out a long time ago, somewhere around 20k miles on the car. After next summer I am going to do it again... might be overkill but when summer gets to 120 and our motors get hotter than hadies it puts a strain on fluids. If you need help with the swap I can help you with the easiest path. The manfucturers recomended fill hole is impossible to get to without dropping the entire front rack... there is another way. And you can get away with only using a funnel with an extention tube. No need to fuck with a pump

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got used to hacking garden sprayers for a variety of lubricant concoctions on my Subarus when I autocrossed them, so I just figured that was a part of life. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Trans oil

2 quarts might be enough if you don’t fully drain it.

Valvoline is a name brand option that has a supposedly full synthetic DCT fluid.
no, those are DCT fluids for wet clutch style DCTs. VT DCTs are dry, and just use standard manual transmission gear oil GL-4.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Question guys, which one for my DCT???

The last one states it's recommended for my vehicle specifically, but i'm so confused as to why the others came up as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts