Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Vendor
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: Veloster Turbo HID Conversion, BRIGHT!!

Slim Digital HID Conversion Kits

Diode Dynamics is pleased to announce the new Premium Diode Dynamics HID Conversion Kit. This kit has been carefully designed from the ground up to be the highest-quality HID kit available on the market, without exception.

Ballast: The ballasts are the most important component of an HID kit, as they provide the power. After years of providing midrange and high-quality ballasts for vehicles of all makes and models, Diode Dynamics learned what was important in making a good ballast, and applied it when designing these.

Controller Chip. Most digital (DSP) ballasts on the market still use generic chips, which are cheap, and work pretty well. However, when you need maximum quality, you need a new computer chip designed for one purpose. This is known as an Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC). These ballasts use brand new DSP ASIC chips for maximum efficiency and brightness, fast warmup time, and extremely stable operation.

CAN-BUS. Some vehicles have systems which sense the power consumption. Since HIDs use less power than factory halogen bulbs, this can cause issues. You can resolve this by adding capacitors, known as warning cancellers, or some ballasts come with them built-in. However, sometimes that's still not enough to trick the vehicle! To fix it, this ballast has not one, but two CAN-BUS modules, which provide capacitance and resistance to the circuit to defeat even the most troublesome modern CANBUS systems. Even if your vehicle does not use a CAN-BUS system, these modules will provide extra power smoothing for reliable operation. Simply put, this ballast will work on any vehicle, the first time you plug it in. With this kit, you don't need to worry about capacitors, warning cancellers, or resistors.

Igniter and Startup. You may have heard of ignition issues with other ballasts, caused by an igniter that is too small to withstand cold temperatures. No reason to worry with these ballasts- the oversized 24kV external igniter means that you will never have an ignition issue, even in the coldest temperatures. Additionally, the ASIC chip in these ballasts means that you only need 4 amps at nominal voltage to start up. These ballasts consume less power than any other on the market, meaning 100% reliable and fast startups, every time.

Shielding. Ever noticed a little black plastic thing clipped onto your laptop charger cord? That's a ferrite bead, which is used to suppress high-frequency signals, which can create radio interference. All ballasts generate these signals, and most just have protection in the ballast. We've also included ferrite beads on the wire, to suppress them.

LED Indicator. Convenience is key, especially during installation. To make things easy, we've added an indicator LED on the input wire, so you know that the ballast is getting power.

Case. These ballasts are the smallest you will find, about the size of a pack of playing cards. The case is fully potted, or filled with epoxy, which makes them fully waterproof and shockproof. Most ballasts on the market are filled to some degree, but these are completely filled to the top, sparing no expense to ensure longevity.

Bulbs:
The bulbs included with Diode Dynamics kits are CNLight bulbs. CNLight is the top manufacturer of aftermarket bulbs in the world, providing the best quality available. You might see other high-quality kits on the market which also use CNLight bulbs. They provide superior life, brightness, and color attenuation when compared to generic HID bulbs, like those found in most cheaper kits on the market. The one-piece base design prevents any issues with separation over time, making the entire bulb extremely reliable.

The CNLight bulb temperatures are rated accurately in Kelvin temperature at 35W, and have an industry-standard 3000 hours of estimated bulb life, which should outlast your vehicle. Please be aware that most HID bulbs are rated inaccurately from other manufacturers. 8000K is not dark blue, and 6000K is not pure white! We provide accurately-measured colors. 3000K is our lowest temperature, and has a pure yellow output, which is great for use in fog lights. 4300K is a pure white output, as seen on many factory HIDs. It will not have any blue tint to its color, and might appear slightly warm. 6000K is our most popular color, which produces an ice white color. It has a very slight hint of blue, and matches best with most LEDs. 8000K is our highest temperature, which produces an ice blue color. This is not a strong blue color though- it is still primarily white, meaning there will be no decrease in light output.

Relay:
Your Premium CAN-BUS HID Kit includes a brand new Heavy-Duty HID Relay, to power your HIDs directly from the battery, instead of the factory wiring. This relay has been designed from scratch, and utilizes a fully-sealed, waterproof relay, with flyback diode, and even has a built-in capacitor for input power smoothing. All wires are sleeved with braided techflex for an attractive appearance and extra protection. The input wires are each a meter long, and the output wires are one meter and two meters, which means the wiring will be long enough for even the biggest vehicles. The single-ground design makes installation easy. This relay was designed with reliability, convenience, and long-life in mind.

Warranty: Our warranty is through Diode Dynamics, LLC, so you can be assured that you will get fast and friendly service should you have any problems. There is a full-replacement 1-year warranty on all HID Kit components, including HID Bulbs, Ballasts and Relay.

Shipment: We carry our own inventory, so no waiting for them to be shipped from overseas, or waiting on big, unreliable suppliers to ship them. They ship right from our own inventory, in St. Louis, Missouri, usually the same day you order.
Kit comes with:

• One pair HID bulbs in your choice of bulb size and color
  • Two 35w super-slim ballasts
  • Mounting hardware for ballasts
  • Limited Lifetime warranty on electronics (ballasts and wiring)
  • Full one-year warranty on all components
  • Free Diode Dynamics decal
  • Diode Dynamics 30-day satisfaction guarantee
  • Heavy-duty HID Relay Harness to protect your factory electronics.

CLICK HERE FOR LOW BEAM
CLICK HERE FOR HIGH BEAM

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email [email protected], (314) 205-3033
Thanks for looking!
Nick C.

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Customer Reviews:

"I purchased the Hylux canbus ballast/6000k Hid's and relay for my VT...install vid could be better...but I managed to get em installed and did a pic write up that focuses on VT specific issues on velosterturbo.org

As for the product...WOW! These are amazing, zero issues, clear bright white light and illuminates the road, reflectors, signs, and lane lines SO much better." (Posted on December 13, 2013) - Thanks AZG23

"I strongly recommend this low beam HID kit to every VT owner. There is a huge difference between the stock and once you get this kit installed. I definitely feel safer and the car looks much better. Go with Hylux premium as it is worth paying extra $60 in my opinion and if you have auto option which you do in VT definitely buy HID relay.
Enjoy ..." (Posted on August 28, 2013)

"The projector style headlamps used for lows on the Veloster Turbo are so much like the kind used in many factory HID configurations that the upgrade just looks perfect. You'd swear it was stock. I actually thought my VT had HID's because of the projector style housing (looks like a glass ball) and was so disappointed when I found out they were plain halogen. My kit was easy to install, looks absolutely fabulous and the price was fair. 11 out of 10" (Posted on August 1, 2013)

"I have done a lot of modifications to past cars and have never done an HID install. I emailed back and forth with Nick and his customer service was phenomenal! He answered all of my questions and was very prompt to respond. The Kit itself was easy to set up once I found that the factory power is connected to the clip in the headlamp assembly. Super easy to install and looks fantastic! If your on the fence about it email them, but my advice is buy it! (Iron Man Silver VT - 6000k)" (Posted on July 15, 2013)

"Purchased 6000k HID Lows & STAGE 2 LED Fog Lamps awesome product spend the bit extra & get the HYLUX Ballasts easy as install no need for anything else, plug & play with the HYLUX Ballast exactly what I was after" (Posted on June 20, 2013)

"I installed high, low, & fog hid's in my wifes Veloster this weekend and am extremely satisfied. I added the relay harness to all three and install was a snap. I have done multiple hid installs of many brands and this was by far the easiest. Took roughly 2 hours and that includes the time removing the bumper. Job well done guys!" (Posted on June 8, 2013)

"Diode Dynamics carries the best HID conversion kit ever! My car came out absolutely amazing! I couldn't be any happier with the outcome! They have the best customer service along with the best HIDs ever! I will shop no where else other than Diode Dynamics!!! Thanks again to guys at DD!" (Posted on September 21, 2012)

"Why didn't I buy these sooner! This car was made for HIDs and I'm glad I got these. They look so awesome. Install was a bit tough but I figured it out after some help from a fellow VT owner. Love the light, I got 6000k. I highly recommend the relay to go with it. Light is clean, crisp and doesn't look aftermarket at all. Love it!" (Posted on January 10, 2013)

·
Vendor
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After working with our manufacturer we have switched to a new relay that be compatible with any vehicle's PWM, no buzzing :)

-Michelle

·
Registered
686 Posts
haha, I'm forced to play the odd's I just bought a bunch of airsoft gear and have to wait till 12 am thursday morning for my check to deposit hahaha.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
i want to order them but the buy it function wont let me do that because it says i need to select an option for the dust cap which is optional..., I dont want the optional dust cap....lemma know whats up and i will order a set.
No problem, let us know if you need any help ordering!

:) Michelle

·
Registered
158 Posts
Can we get this deal with the high beams????? I already have the low and fogs!! Please P.M :D

·
Vendor
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn! And I just bought some tail lights from you! Any chance you could give me a deal on shipping if I place this order as well? ;)
Yeah, we can if your order has not been shipped out already, I can pull it and ship the items together for $5.

·
Vendor
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i want to order them but the buy it function wont let me do that because it says i need to select an option for the dust cap which is optional..., I dont want the optional dust cap....lemma know whats up and i will order a set.
I have fixed the problem, just select the "Do Not Include" option.

Thanks for letting us know!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey DD. For the headlights, Does the turbo only take H11 bulbs or does it have to specifically be H11b bulbs, and are 55w bulbs too powerful and might melt the lights after a while or should I get 35w ones. Also does the turbo need a CanBus to make sure any errors don't occur or will a relay with capacitor be enough? One more thing, for the fog lights, will H7 halogens be fine or should I stick with H11 for those too? Thanks!

·
Vendor
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey DD. For the headlights, Does the turbo only take H11 bulbs or does it have to specifically be H11b bulbs, and are 55w bulbs too powerful and might melt the lights after a while or should I get 35w ones. Also does the turbo need a CanBus to make sure any errors don't occur or will a relay with capacitor be enough? One more thing, for the fog lights, will H7 halogens be fine or should I stick with H11 for those too? Thanks!

H11b only works in the Veloster Turbo. We do not carry 55w HID products. 55w bulbs create an excessive amount of heat, which can lead to damage over prolonged use in many headlight and fog light housings. We do not want to provide a product that may damage your car even when installed properly. Additionally, most 55w HIDs are simply pumping more power through the same bulbs, which leads to inaccurate bulb colors and drastically reduces bulb life. This deal includes our HYLUX CanBus ballast, a higher quality ballast all around. However with our new relay there will be no errors, everything will run correctly. In the Veloster Turbo the fog lights are H8.

Please let me know if you need anything else,
Michelle

1 - 20 of 133 Posts