Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone yet debadge the car for a sexier back look? I'm planning on doing it when it arrives but I wanted to know if anyone else has photos. I'm coming from the Genesis Coupe and this was huge because of how great the trunk looks without anything but wings. I was thinking of going a little further with the Hyundai logo removed or maybe even just plastidipped.

What do you guys think?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Hyundai veloster

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
i removed the VELOSTER emblem only.. I really like the look of the TURBO badge..

Removing the Hyundai logo would look really bad in my opinion as there would be a big empty oval. I am going to plasti-dip it this weekend though.

Here is mine right now.

Once the H is plasti-dipped, the tails are night shaded and the windows are tinted I think it should look awesome

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's beautiful, I think your going to want to do the Turbo too tho cause honestly I think it looks out of place. Trust me I had the R-Spec badge and the 2.0T emblem and stuff and it just looked weird. The badges are sexy but idk.. I'm going to do have the two debadged. I'll leave the H symbol and have it plastidipped.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You guys must be careful about removing too many badges from the backs of your car. In some states it's against the law (the police must be able to identify what kind of car you have from being able to look at the back of your car). So Do some research before you take everything off.. could cost you in the long run :(

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for pointing it out, but I don't think its a problem at all since a lot of people from the Genesis Coupe community have been pulled over by cops who just want to know what kind of car it is. They didn't get arrest nor a ticket, the cops just wanted to find out. I wouldn't be too concerned :)

On another note, what do you guys think of having the turbo centered in the middle instead of the veloster badge? I could deal with that...

·
Registered
130 Posts
I actually debadge "Veloster" and "Turbo" cause I like the clean look which I have seen in other GenCoupe cars.

I gonna be patience and waiting for the special emblem just for Veloster to come out...so far the only thing that interests me is the "Tomato" with wings badge...I might put this on the rear and plastidip the front H to match the grille color. No need to remove the front ones.

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I bumped this up because I managed to take a picture today of my car debaged, let's keep sharing!

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
”Oh, so good lookin'”. Been wanting to do the same. Heat gun? Fishing wire?
Heat gun, but I strongly recommend just paying 60 bucks to your dealership because if they scratch it up they will have to repaint the trunk out of their pocket not yours. Just saying...

·
Registered
373 Posts
A 2ft piece of dental floss and 4 minutes later....

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Hyundai

Honestly this was the easiest car I've debadged, the 3M tape just rubs off in a big piece with a bit of effort. Going to be replacing the Hyundai logo soon

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice welcome to the club, Clean as f#$%. I think I'll be plastidiping my badges this saturday. We'll have to see tho, ugh the effort its going to take!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice welcome to the club, Clean as f#$%. I think I'll be plastidiping my badges this saturday. We'll have to see tho, ugh the effort its going to take!
I'm still looking for an alternative badge for the hyundai logo,

Thinking about taking some measurements and cutting just a plate to replace it and painting it to match, not sure though. Anyone know what the idea behind the genCoupe's flag emblem is? or the K emblem???

also nothing like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-LOGO-2Way...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6be6ae7d&vxp=mtr lol

was thinking this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Trunk-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bfc73a1a&vxp=mtr but not led

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll be honest I wouldn't even bother because it looks clean right now, It would look rice right after... just doesn't look right to me.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts