Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone who bought the DG motorsports spoiler for their Veloster off of turbosocks, what state did you receive it in? I was told it would be done in a black gel coat by turbosocks themselves, but I received it with just a primer coat and the seam was exposed and just sanded down. Is this how it usually comes? It seems unfinished based on the description I received. I couldn't find a consistent answer anywhere else. Thx!

·
Super Moderator
2,993 Posts
DG motorsports website states :

This fiberglass part comes with a gelcoat finish and should be painted prior to installation.

sounds like someone fucked up:) they should come from DG like that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Gelcoat is part of the manufacturing process. The Gelcoat is sprayed into the mold before the chopper gun sprays the fiberglass liquid/strand mixture. It is typical for some light finishing to be done after removal from the mold at the factory. (Like sanding down mold lines etc.) Almost all aftermarket fiberglass parts require somewhat extensive finish work before painting unless they are sold as a painted/finished product. Unless you are skilled in bodywork this is best left to a professional as it can be a lot of work to make it near perfect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts