Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Did anyone do anything custom to their Veloster Turbo yet?

7K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  NoXiDe 
#1 ·
I just got my (Black) Veloster Turbo and I love it! It has the blue trim interior and it is just sexy! I'm not even sure if I want to do anything custom to it just yet. I definitely want to put window tint on it (20% all around).

I was also thinking about a...

Cold Air Intake.
Blow off valve.
Enkei Rims (Black)
Blue Neons.
Intercooler (possibly)

I just want to see if any has done anything yet so I can get an idea...keep me posted!
#teamhyundai

Reactions: dascrow
#3 ·
I have done a handful of things already and have a couple more to do..

I have done a DIY front lip, NGM lowering springs, bumper claws, wheel spacers, XXR 530 wheels, custom SRI and Forge BOV.

Things that still need to get done are muffler replacement/removal, HIDs, window tint, night shaded tails and plasti-dipped 'H' emblems.

#5 ·
Turbosocks, which Forge BOV did you get? Looking at your pics and the Forge site, I'm going to guess the FMDVHGA. I'll hopefully have my VT in a few months when the dealership here gets one in for me.

#8 ·
I just threw a CEL ( I think due to the higher pressure spring ) for the BPV which doesn't seem to affect the driveability of the car.

Well, I don't know what it is but under WOT and higher boost it sounds kinda like a flutter (almost like surge limit sounds) I don't know if they are there stock and you can't hear it or what. Obviously with the SRI it is a lot louder.

#10 ·
the BOV is for the Gen Coupe.. I would never use the stock spring rating in a BOV, it defeats the purpose. The stock spring rating is something like 4lbs I think. I just think the medium pressure spring made the car angry and threw the CEL. I put the higher pressure spring in to see if it would alleviate the sound I heard at higher boost (thought it was possibly a leaking BOV from the pressure)

#13 · (Edited)
the ebay one I bought was brand new, just from a different vendor.. Buying used isn't bad, especially with the forge.. It is so simple there isn't really anything to fail and the o-rings are cheap to replace!!!!

everything is definitely installed correctly.. would be hard to install something so simple wrong.. It doesn't sound like the BOV flutter, sounds like turbo 'flutter/surge'

stock boost in the VTurbo hits up to 18lbs which is why I used the yellow but the ECU doesn't seem to like it to much.

compressor surge from the BOV not opening really isn't bad but surge from hitting the sir surge limit line is bad which is why I was stumped when I heard the sound from what seemed to be the turbo itself ON WOT, not during shift (where you typically hear the unharmful flutter/gobble)

I am using the yellow spring now, going back to green when I do my HIDs. I doubt the sound will go away but the CEL might. If the CEL doesn't I will just clear it with my scanner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.