Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I'd like to say that the shipping and customer service was awesome. I purchased a Blue Stage 2 Dome light, White Stage 2 Map Light, and White Stage 3 license plate LEDs. It came nicely packaged in a tightly sealed orange envelope, and inside there was the receipt, information sheet, decal stickers and my 3 products wrapped nicely in brown paper.
033.JPG
034.JPG
I started with the License plate lights, pretty quick and simple installation. All you need is a screwdriver and it will just pop off, rotate the piece and it will detach, pull out the stock bulb and replace it with the Diode LED.
046.JPG
047.JPG
Make sure to turn the car on to test the lights before putting them back in the fixtures and snapping them back into place(If they don't light up just make sure they're in the right way, if not just switch it the other way)
049.JPG
050.JPG
Nice and bright!
Next I did the Blue Stage 2 dome light, just pop off the cover with a tool, replace the bulbs...and done! I left it on the *door* option so it lights up when the doors open and close.
Before: 042.JPG
After: 052.JPG
I did the map light last, once again the same installation process, but the stock bulb is a little harder to get out, I just used a screwdriver to nudge the end of the bulb to pop it out.
Left Side Stage 2 White LED and Right Side Stock
054.JPG
Big difference from the stock bulbs, lighting is much nicer and brighter.
056.JPG
Sorry for such a long dragging review with so many pictures, just wanted to share my experience with Diode Dynamics products. I am very happy with all of the mods and I'll be picking up the trunk light and vanity lights soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats on the new LED's man. Diode Dynamics has the hookup. I just got my order in from them today too and not to steal your thunder but, I ordered myself the Stage 2 warm white LEDs for the license plate, and got the VT Blue LED cup holders and mission plate! If you're interested I am going to post a thread of instructions soon because there is very little step by step out there to do it. No offense to DiodeDynamics, but they should probably have a vid for the install on each of the vehicles... not just one across the board for a Genesis Coupe, luckily I figured it out and all together it only took me 2 hours so I'm happy. Pics attached, happy modding fellow VT owner! IMG_0458.jpg IMG_0461.JPG IMG_0467.jpg

·
Registered
701 Posts
Looking good! I got the stage 2 license plate LED's and your photos make me wish I had got stage 3. Much brighter!

Love the blue dome as well!

·
Vendor
1,995 Posts
Thanks for posting a review and pictures for us! Hawaii has one of the most unique license plates IMO lol

@VTrizzle

If you would like to exchange your Stage 2's for Stage 3's, feel free to email our customer service team: [email protected]

We can assist you in a hassle free exchange and make sure you get exactly what you want!

Thanks for all the support everyone!

-Nick C.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Diode I'm on the site right now and many of the stage 2 and 3 in white are sold out :(

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thanks for posting a review and pictures for us! Hawaii has one of the most unique license plates IMO lol

@VTrizzle

If you would like to exchange your Stage 2's for Stage 3's, feel free to email our customer service team: [email protected]

We can assist you in a hassle free exchange and make sure you get exactly what you want!

Thanks for all the support everyone!

-Nick C.
I appreciate it Nick, but I'm happy with the way the Stage 2 look, they could be a bit brighter for my taste but it's not enough to make me not satisfied. I was afraid the Stage 3 would be too bright, but looks like they are perfect.

I'll just have to order stage 3 for my future LED purchases from you guys :)

·
Vendor
1,995 Posts
The Stage 2 and Stage 3's should be coming back in stock within the next few days.

The Stage 2's are definitely our most popular option and I personally feel they are just the right amount of brightness, slightly brighter than OEM in most housings without being too bright. But I wouldn't consider the Stage 3's blinding, they just produce more usable light output.

Nick C.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I went with stage 3 because I want extreme bright. I plan to take before, during, and after pics from close range. Mine should arrive today or tomorrow, but I may not install just yet because those plastic clips will probably snap right off in 0°F temps.

·
Registered
484 Posts
looking good. i got the stage 3 license plate bulbs but mine are definately not that bright...is that picture a good representation of the brightness or is it the camera?

·
Vendor
1,995 Posts
Send us a picture of the bulbs you received, we can take a look and send you replacements if needed. You might try adjusting your license plate housings to, as sometimes the light doesn't shine at the correct angle if the bulbs aren't adjusted.

The pictures aren't adjusted to increase the brightness or make them appear any brighter. We promote the different brightness stages as honestly as possible so people get the look they want.

[email protected]

Thanks!
Nick C.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts