Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Custom install of KP Technologies memory module to have tcs auto OFF.

First, you need to order the module from KP Technologies. I have a custom order but here is their website.. This is what the maker had to say...If there is enough interest in this module from the Veloster community we can put this module in production for around $49.99 each (we could still do $39.99 if a minimum of 20 are ordered at one time).

http://ww.kptechnologies.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=11

Step 1.
Vehicle door Automotive design Vehicle Font Car
Technology Fictional character Logo
Material property Vehicle Mid-size car Car

Step 2.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hyundai veloster Multimedia

Step 3.
Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Mid-size car

Step 4.
Cable Electronics Wire Technology Electronic device
Text Font Receipt
Product Electronics Technology Electronic device Electronics accessory

Generic Install instructions for KP memory module http://www.kptechnologies.com/docs/SM20_installation.pdf

This is where I installed my memory module...lower glove box, insert module.

Wire Electrical wiring Cable Technology Electronics

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Put everything back together...

Notice after starting car, I dont press TCS OFF button but the yellow OFF light still comes back on in gauge cluster.

WOO-HOO!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, while you have your center facia off..you can take the leds out from behind the pass. seat airbag display switch. No more annoying OFF in orange.

Green Mouse Technology Input device Electronic device
Text Multimedia Display device Technology Electronics

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Well, the TCS saved my VT on Sunday. So I'm not sold on leaving it off by default because you never know when you are going to need it.

I was doing 45 on a curve on a narrow 4 lane road in the city and all of a sudden the minivan in front of me locks up their brakes and all the cars around me in both directions start to swerve. I grab the wheel and navigate between the two late model Camry's that are coming in to my lane and come to a stop before any of them. As I'm doing that I see a dolly dance in front of the minivan and smack it in the grille and then the windshield. Everybody looked freaked out but it was no big deal in the VT.

I could feel the ABS in the brake pedal and the TCS light came on. Hence it was no big deal for me. But it was a big deal for them.

I'm OK with leaving TCS on by default.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This module has memory. In that it will remember if you had it on or off the last time you turned off car. If you had it off, it wiol be off the next time you start car..and vice versa.

·
Registered
120 Posts
This still doesn't seem like a worthwhile mod to me. Especially since it never really comes "on" until you need it. If it ever interferes with something you are trying to do then you can turn it off with the button provided.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Umm... push the button I say take 2 second to do. So 1 hour it took to have it off completely.......so realistic you have to push it 30 times to make up for 1 min so with this diy mod your saving yourself 1,800 times of pushing the button for 1 hours of work to do this. I find this pointless and lazyness for one thing let alone having that annoying TCS light on. The only thing I found this tread useful is the airbag light turn off. lol!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Umm... push the button I say take 2 second to do. So 1 hour it took to have it off completely.......so realistic you have to push it 30 times to make up for 1 min so with this diy mod your saving yourself 1,800 times of pushing the button for 1 hours of work to do this. I find this pointless and lazyness for one thing let alone having that annoying TCS light on. The only thing I found this tread useful is the airbag light turn off. lol!
Same could be said for not doing it. Just saying.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts