Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Β·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short summary blew engine . Looking at used engines and they seem rediculisly high . Used theta 2.0turbo is cheaper by at least 700on avg . The question be whats all involved to swap over to theta . Would inneed a theta ecu or would i need a interfacing module? Any relavent info is appreciated ive only got three days to decide

Β·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
Not feasible for your budget and time. Not guaranteed it would even mount as I believe the mounting locations differ.

The turbo and downpipe are clocked differently, thus more heat soak results and you’d need a new custom hot pipe, custom intake and custom downpipe made.

You would absolutely need a compatible ECM and know how to rewire everything as no harness adapters exist. You would probably lose some functionality for controls that you’d need to figure out or live without.

Find a low mileage β€˜15 or newer engine from a reputable eBay seller or try car-part.com. Also note that β€˜16-17 VT1s have 3-wire ignition coils vs. 2-wire coils for the older engines.

GL.

Β·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Stick with an OEM replacement engine with lower miles and from a 15-17 VT. Also actual good maintenance will be your friend.

Β·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O please whats you definition of good maitinence and if i didnt know better id say you got an agenda .will look into that theory shortly right after i go check this geniuses engine with some string measurements of the engine mounts why not try and do something great its only stupid if i faile right. ( By no means am i going to atempt a virgin swapp it could get real nasty but sloppy seconds i dont mind at least i know shes been done before and wont bleed every where 😝🀣🀣🀣)

Β·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But seriously what your good maintenance theroy trd i dont know everything and what i do know lets me know i dont know anything. I know i can be an @$$ but im just honest and some people cant stand the truth ya know

Β·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
You’re going to spend far more than the $700 difference in engine cost, but sure, go ahead. We like seeing groundbreaking stuff done.

Β·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do i end a this thread for ever?thank you for all your helps im sticking with used gamma from automatrix its a 16or 17but i need a reason to get good coil pack

Β·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
I’ll do something with it when I feel it’s time. Would like the maintenance portion of the discussion to be sorted.

Remember what I said about the β€˜16-17 ignition coils being 3-wire while yours are 2-wire coils. You’ll have to deal with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts