Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ordered door edge guard material in a matching color? I am looking for Red, as close to car color as possible, but have not found any yet. I have a query into the dealer and am waiting to hear back.

·
Registered
407 Posts
You mean the trim stuff that runs down the outer most part of the door?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I received the edge guard I ordered and installed it. it is not an exact match but is the closest I have seen and certainly better than the black, chrome or gold that is available in this area. I found an online shop called brandsport that sends out a card with color samples on it which I thought was awesome. I matched it as close as I could and ordered 15' of U shaped edge guard. I installed it today. Here are the pics of the sample card and the edge installed. I know it will protect the edge of the door but am not convinced that I will stick with this product based on the small shade difference.

Red Text Material property Red Vehicle door Automotive exterior Vehicle Fender Red Vehicle door Tire Automotive exterior Automotive tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Red

·
Registered
28 Posts
Those will only help if you open your door into another car. Something I am (or you are) responsible for not doing. They won't be any help for others opening their door into your car. I gotta go with Evil Jug on this one... park at the far end of the parking lot. I won't waste the money, myself.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do park out in parking lots whenever possible and have for years with all of my cars. It is to protect my door edges from my own, or my teenager's, stupidity when opening the doors.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not driving...not old enough yet. But careless throwing open the door when parked in the driveway next to the house.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts