Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We've designed this 52mm (2 1/16") pod for the corner of the door:

Vehicle Car Auto part Automotive exterior

It uses the factory corner piece as its base, so it's a perfect fit. Will accommodate any 52mm or 2 1/16" gauge as long as it does not require more than 1-1/8" depth so the vast majority of gauges out there will fit. If you do buy one that is deeper, you will have to cut some plastic from the base of the pod to make more room. This will not effect the appearance, fit, or integrity of the pod. Also, electrical gauges are recommended to avoid the issues of plumbing having to be run out of the car and into the door.

I'm looking at different finishes, from flat back like the stock piece to subtle carbon fiber to closely match the covering on the dash and door sills. Installation wasn't too bad, requires pulling back part of the inside plastic door panel, but this is not as bad as it sounds once you know where the screws are. We'll include those instructions with the pod.

What do you think about finishes, try to match the matte carbon fiber look or flat black?

Until I know what it will cost to cover it I won't know a final price, but as it sits without a cover, including the factory base, it would cost about $100.

Todd

Attachments

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Looks good. Too bad it's only for LHD vehicles. I'd try to match the colour of the internal wing mirror cover

·
Registered
579 Posts
That's right where I want my wideband! How can I get those corner mirrors or if I cant you should try to make them.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
You guys are several months too late. When I inquired back in March, you guys said you guys weren't looking at this as an option so I bought a universal gauge pod and mounted my mechanical boost gauge there. Surprisingly enough, there's a unused hole covered by a rubber grommet that someone can run the vacuum line through so it doesn't pinch or kink when closing and opening the door.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think it looks great! I'd buy one in flat black, lets get this pod sold!

·
Registered
235 Posts
As soon as there done and my money is more solid I'm getting one and a gauge.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Here's a side view:

Vehicle Architecture Daylighting Automotive exterior Car

They are being painted a flat black to match the factory interior trim, and as I believe I said early use the factory corner trim piece as a base so the fitment is perfect. I'd like to get an idea of who's interested so we can plan accordingly. We have several ready to go now so those that list their user name first will be contacted and given the opportunity to buy, the others will be contacted as we finish each unit. These are not cheap flimsy plastic molds, they are a high quality piece that look like a factory part. I'm looking forward to hearing from those who install these, I'm sure you will be happy. Cost will be $98.99 and include instructions with pictures.

If demand is there for these we can pursue a RHD version, which we've already investigated. Trying to figure out if the drawing can easily be reversed since this was the hard part to create, very labor intensive to get a perfect fit on the stock trim.

Respond to this and I'll add your name to the list below. If you want to see any other angles let me know. Thanks!

1. V Raptor
2.Littlemurillo
3.Carter213
4.TJinMI
5. Veloster
6. Kablamo
7. Boat is loading
8. Mupcakes

Todd

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here's a side view:

View attachment 41614

They are being painted a flat black to match the factory interior trim, and as I believe I said early use the factory corner trim piece as a base so the fitment is perfect. I'd like to get an idea of who's interested so we can plan accordingly. We have several ready to go now so those that list their user name first will be contacted and given the opportunity to buy, the others will be contacted as we finish each unit. These are not cheap flimsy plastic molds, they are a high quality piece that look like a factory part. I'm looking forward to hearing from those who install these, I'm sure you will be happy. Cost will be $98.99 and include instructions with pictures.

If demand is there for these we can pursue a RHD version, which we've already investigated. Trying to figure out if the drawing can easily be reversed since this was the hard part to create, very labor intensive to get a perfect fit on the stock trim.

Respond to this and I'll add your name to the list below. If you want to see any other angles let me know. Thanks!

1. V Raptor

Todd
I want one.. money is ready!

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.