Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i noticed today that the door "tape" or "vinyl" not sure what the correct term or word is for this; is starting to peel? Not sure how either?? [Drivers side]

My questions is WHAT is this part called, & can i buy a replacement set/Where can i buy some to replace it with? I've done small searching and can't get a lead.

Vehicle door Technology Electronic device Vehicle Machine

Window Glass Vehicle door Ceiling Daylighting

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same problem. I do a lot of vinyl wrap. I just wrapped it with flat black. Vvivd vinyl is my favorite.
Did you remove the old tape prior to wrapping with new vinyl?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe they're just called black out tape or sash tape. The verticle one should be the front door rear sash tape. Always remove the old tape, fairly straight forward with a heat gun.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Now I'm curious, is it painted underneath that tape or is it just primer/non clear coated? Kinda curious what the car would look like without the tape.

·
Super Moderator
3,854 Posts
i think it's the same color as the car.

Reactions: TooGqForYou

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
I believe they're just called black out tape or sash tape. The verticle one should be the front door rear sash tape. Always remove the old tape, fairly straight forward with a heat gun.
So... I almost took on a heat gun project. bought the heat gun and i read it gets to 1200 degrees. I returned it after I got home. lol.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,854 Posts
Maybe one is shiny the other is not ?

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
713 Posts
Why tape it again if you're only going to have issues with it again down the road?
🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Just remove it all and wax the paint that's there and be done with it.
My white car had a nick in the tape showing the white paint underneath. I said f this and took all the tape off and actually love the look without the mainstream look of blacked out b-pillars. 🤷🏼‍♂️😁

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Good luck with it and hope it works out. 👍

·
Registered
64 Posts
Kind of an odd situation. Came out one morning to my passenger door dented up real bad. Bought a replacement door off ebay that was white. Stripped it all down and took it to a painter to get it painted black. They did an excellent job, but painted over the door tape- I thought they'd mask it off. So now I've got to remove the painted over tape and replace it. Anyway, I ordered both part numbers, will report back with my findings to help the next guy out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Got my answer. Both tapes are identical in thickness and quality, but the tape part numbers ending in 00 are a matte finish and the tape ending in 10 is a gloss finish.

Reactions: RPW00Mirage
1 - 15 of 15 Posts