Veloster Turbo Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,233 Posts
I usually drain then fill with distilled water and fan high on heat high until operating temp then drain again. Then put in 50% mix and top off and burp air out while idle. Get to operating temp let the fan go through a few cycles etc. Top off when cold the next day etc.

To be more specific and in your measurements I usually use 4.6-5.1 L for a fill when I do thermostat swaps. This takes more than a simple drain and refill especially when filling the surge tank to the F mark.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I usually drain then fill with distilled water and fan high on heat high until operating temp then drain again. Then put in 50% mix and top off and burp air out while idle. Get to operating temp let the fan go through a few cycles etc. Top off when cold the next day etc.

To be more specific and in your measurements I usually use 4.6-5.1 L for a fill when I do thermostat swaps. This takes more than a simple drain and refill especially when filling the surge tank to the F mark.

I did exactly that and drove it around too.

i think maybe that's why it says the system takes that amount, but i wasnt doing any thermostat swaps. I dont think i would attempt that swap until a later date.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts