Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy who acquired a lightly used catless 3" downpipe with O2's off a Pontiac Solstice Turbo from a shop he used to work at. He sanded down the end plate and cleaned it all up. He said I can have it and maybe it will bolt up with light fabrication for a new bracket. I was planning to go with a static catted DP from Kyle after tax season but is this even with exploring? Any experience with those setups? I guess I could get the DP from him, lift up the VT, and see how closely it matches up.

More trouble than it's worth? Help me out here ;)

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
IT probably wont even be close to working.

different flange, length will be different.. Will spend more in modifications probably than it is worth.

Even if the turbo flange was the same (I believe it is NOT) the rotation would probably be off. The flange on both sides would be wrong, which would need to be replaced (probably 150$) easy and the length/angle will probably be off, so looking at more fabbing, then need a hanger welded on...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking. I haven't even seen it yet I have no idea. But he said free catless 3" DP and my eyes were wide open

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
well an elbow can be rotated any which way so even though it is FR, it could be rotated 90 degrees and work but the locations and flanges just wont be right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts