Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if it’s a good option or why should I spend the extra money on a pierce or sxth

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Do not know many with this part so it's essentially an unknown on quality and fit in the VT world.

Reactions: Die4glory88

·
Registered
2016 VT M/T
16 Posts
Lol. I literally just installed this a few days ago. Boy, it was a pain to install due to the tight space. Anyways, the piping is great quality and it fits perfectly onto the turbo manifold. And it’s 3” in diameter!
P.S -Due to the v-band clamp, fully tightening the top nut is nearly impossible. There’s not enough clearance unless you plan on removing the turbo manifold.

·
Registered
2016 VT M/T
16 Posts
My current exhaust setup, ISR 3” Street Exhaust along with the PLM 3” Catless downpipe. It’s the perfect combo of audible pleasure and beautiful appearance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol. I literally just installed this a few days ago. Boy, it was a pain install due to the tight space. Anyways, the piping is great quality and it fits perfectly onto the turbo manifold. And it’s 3” in diameter!
P.S -Due to the v-band clamp, fully tightening the top nut is nearly impossible. There’s not enough clearance unless you plan on removing the turbo manifold.
I just added the isr race exhaust two days ago so have been debating on which one

·
Registered
2016 VT M/T
16 Posts
If you go catless, you’ll pretty much have a straight pipe exhaust. It’ll be loud and the drone might be a bit much with your ISR Race exhaust (has no free muffler and has a smaller mid resonator). But performance wise, you can’t go wrong. Get a tune though if committing to no cat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you go catless, you’ll pretty much have a straight pipe exhaust. It’ll be loud and the drone might be a bit much with your ISR Race exhaust (has no free muffler and has a smaller mid resonator). But performance wise, you can’t go wrong. Get a tune though if committing to no cat.
Probably going pierce no cat most likely, tuning after that of course, Megan lowing springs otw and paint next week, moving quick with mine haha

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 VT M/T
16 Posts
Lol. Same here bud. How many miles on yours? I bought the Tork OBD flash tune kit a 2 months ago and literally flashed my ECU last night before I left for work. I’m going to update my bio to include my mods in a few.

·
Registered
2016 VT M/T
16 Posts
Nice, I believe that it nes catted, ups and down but I’m in az so catless seems a smart option, more flow but tripping a code will suck, kinda torn still
I reside in Florida, so catless was a no brainer. Plus catless dps are cheaper than there catted counterparts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol. Same here bud. How many miles on yours? I bought the Tork OBD flash tune kit a 2 months ago and literally flashed my ECU last night before I left for work. I’m going to update my bio to include my mods in a few.
I’m at 31k at the moment, I hardly drive it, just lately decided to start adding a shit ton of parts lol there’s a tuning place in town I was just gonna take it too and see what they say, I still have an 845 intercooler otw and some other random stuff, 2016 rspec

·
Registered
2016 VT M/T
16 Posts
Ooh
I’m at 31k at the moment, I hardly drive it, just lately decided to start adding a shit ton of parts lol there’s a tuning place in town I was just gonna take it too and see what they say, I still have an 845 intercooler otw and some other random stuff, 2016 rspec
I’m at 44k, bought it with 27k on the odometer. I’d rather trust the the vendors that actually work on our platform to tune our cars. They’ve been messing with VTs for a good while now. Can’t go wrong with Sxth, BTR, or Tork (and maybe SFR).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ooh

I’m at 44k, bought it with 27k on the odometer. I’d rather trust the the vendors that actually work on our platform to tune our cars. They’ve been messing with VTs for a good while now. Can’t go wrong with Sxth, BTR, or Tork (and maybe SFR).
So ur saying take it to one of them or have something delivered? Never tuned a car before, figured I’d just take it somewhere and let them handle what to do

·
Registered
2016 VT M/T
16 Posts
So ur saying take it to one of them or have something delivered? Never tuned a car before, figured I’d just take it somewhere and let them handle what to do
Pretty much. Browse the vendors’ (previously stated) websites and reviews their tuning options. You can send them your ECU to be reflashed (based on your mods), buy a new and tuned ECU, or buy their (I think only Tork and Sxth have this option at the moment) OBD flashing kit; best option in my opinion. SFR is having a sale on their tunes and it’s a really fair price tbh. But I trust Tork more and shelled out the extra $169 for the flash kit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pretty much. Browse the vendors’ (previously stated) websites and reviews their tuning options. You can send them your ECU to be reflashed (based on your mods), buy a new and tuned ECU, or buy their (I think only Tork and Sxth have this option at the moment) OBD flashing kit; best option in my opinion. SFR is having a sale on their tunes and it’s a really fair price tbh. But I trust Tork more and shelled out the extra $169 for the flash kit.
Sounds like more research

·
Registered
2016 VT M/T
16 Posts
Pretty much. Browse the vendors’ (previously stated) websites and reviews their tuning options. You can send them your ECU to be reflashed (based on your mods), buy a new and tuned ECU, or buy their (I think only Tork and Sxth have this option at the moment) OBD flashing kit; best option in my opinion. SFR is having a sale on their tunes and it’s a really fair price tbh. But I trust Tork more and shelled out the extra $
Sounds like more research
lol. Research is key unless you want a blown motor 😅

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pretty much. Browse the vendors’ (previously stated) websites and reviews their tuning options. You can send them your ECU to be reflashed (based on your mods), buy a new and tuned ECU, or buy their (I think only Tork and Sxth have this option at the moment) OBD flashing kit; best option in my opinion. SFR is having a sale on their tunes and it’s a really fair price tbh. But I trust Tork more and shelled out the extra $

lol. Research is key unless you want a blown motor 😅
Well I researched quit a bit, and before my time I’ll need upgraded spark plugs, oil catch cans, and a few other things I should probably get as well, maybe even before the downpipe install

1 - 20 of 27 Posts