Veloster Turbo Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,569 Posts
If you're in AZ I can easily tune you through a guy out in the Phoenix area ;-)

·
Administrator
5,569 Posts
All depends on goals but in your area I highly suggest you hit me up for a water/meth injection kit and cooling mods plus you'll need plugs as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Probably going pierce no cat most likely, tuning after that of course, Megan lowing springs otw and paint next week, moving quick with mine haha
If you get the DP please post a before/after of the sound if you have the time/resources. I have the ISR race too; thinking that losing the cats will be too loud to be enjoyable for any distance driving. I've been thinking about installing a resonated x-pipe right before the tips to cut down the drone as it is.

·
Administrator
5,569 Posts
Just a decent straight through resonator or muffler will cut any drone.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah, figured I'd try to go as far back as possible and I'm thinking a magniflow x muffler will fit perfectly right before the tips. I had one installed upstream on my 350z and the way it smoothed out the dual exhaust was amazing. I do think I'll lose my pops on decel though, which is why I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

·
Administrator
5,569 Posts
It will only reduce any pops as much as it reduces the rest of the exhaust sound. Pops can also be adjusted for the exhaust.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lol. I literally just installed this a few days ago. Boy, it was a pain to install due to the tight space. Anyways, the piping is great quality and it fits perfectly onto the turbo manifold. And it’s 3” in diameter!
P.S -Due to the v-band clamp, fully tightening the top nut is nearly impossible. There’s not enough clearance unless you plan on removing the turbo manifold.
How did you tighten that one nut? I am having a hell of time with it and can't get it to work. What tool did you use?

·
Administrator
5,569 Posts
An offset wrench or ratchet type tool works best in those tight spaces. From above I found easiest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there am very new to this forum.
Have recently upgraded my veloster - put in a Custom CAi and have done cat delete.
I am looking for a FMIC kit - can any one suggest anywhere with available stock...
Am from SA but anywhere is fine....

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
308 Posts
Hi there am very new to this forum.
Have recently upgraded my veloster - put in a Custom CAi and have done cat delete.
I am looking for a FMIC kit - can any one suggest anywhere with available stock...
Am from SA but anywhere is fine....
Probably should've started your own thread.
But there's a thread already on what's the best performing fmic.

Finding something in stock atm is going to be a struggle because lead times are really long at the moment. Best you can do is ask the vendors if they have it in stock.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts