Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Drag Racing: Post your Slips

20K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  trdtoy 
#1 · (Edited)
Post your 1/4 or 1/8 mile runs here!

Please format your posts with no extraneous information. Just the data.

Strip Name/Location:
RT:
Distances:
30, 60, 1/8, 1/4, whatever your strip measures.
ET:
Trap Speed:

Photo of the slip:

Weather/Environmental:
If available post the elevation, temperature and humidity

Mods/Transmission:
Be brief. "MT, FMIC, Intake, Exhaust, Stock Tyres" Done

Any posts that extend beyond the core data will be deleted. Don't comment, don't cat-fight. Put-up, shut-up, done.

Below we will be tracking times

[table="width: 500, class: grid, align: left"]
[tr]
[td]Name[/td]
[td]Date[/td]
[td]RT[/td]
[td]ET[/td]
[td]Trap[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]vicng87[/td]
[td]07.12.2014[/td]
[td] 1.114[/td]
[td] 14.195[/td]
[td] 100.37[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]kyle@845[/td]
[td]?[/td]
[td] 1.047[/td]
[td] 13.975[/td]
[td] 101.45[/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td]TylerPeterson[/td]
[td]03.16.2014[/td]
[td]0.696[/td]
[td]15.259[/td]
[td]89.95[/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td]SnailPower[/td]
[td]06.21.2014[/td]
[td]?[/td]
[td]?[/td]
[td]?[/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td]NovaWagonMaster[/td]
[td]07.15.2014[/td]
[td] 0.170[/td]
[td] 15.05[/td]
[td] 92.34[/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td]Jason[/td]
[td]?[/td]
[td] 0.997[/td]
[td] 14.604[/td]
[td] 95.5[/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td]NovaWagonWife[/td]
[td]07.29.2014[/td]
[td] 0.0134[/td]
[td] 14.55[/td]
[td] 97.48[/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td]evil vitamin[/td]
[td]03.27.2015[/td]
[td] 0.302[/td]
[td] 14.670[/td]
[td] 95.95[/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr]

[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr]
[/table]

See less See more
#2 ·
Island Dragway, Great Meadows, NJ

Fastest 1/4 strip readings
RT: 2.086
60': 2.279
1/8: 9.4
ET: 14.400
Trap: 98.26

weather: 54F
Mods: MT, FMIC, CAI, coilovers, stock wheels/tires, SFR tuned (227whp/242wtq)

#4 · (Edited)
Strip Name/Location: Bradenton (Desoto) Dragstrip

Photo of the slip:
1's slip is my first pass
2nd slip is my wifes pass
3rd is my best of three passes
Text Paper Receipt Document

Weather/Environmental: Temp - 65F Humidity - 60%

Mods/Transmission: Stock tires, Injen SRI, Auto-Trans, TorkPipe (mostly stock)

Video of my second pass (third slip): (excuse my wife and my friends son lol) my friend is in the blue civic all bolted on.

#6 · (Edited)
Text Receipt Font Ticket Label

New PB, but no one remembers 2nd place :(

Island Dragway
RT: 1.114
60': 2.302
1/8: 9.272
ET: 14.195
Trap: 100.37

Weather: 72F
Mods: MT, FMIC, CAI, DP, catback, coils, stock wheel/tires (30k miles lol), SFR tune (not yet dyno'd)

#7 · (Edited)
Strip Name/Location: Thompson Raceway Park (Thompson, OH)
RT: .170
Distances:
1/4 mile
ET: 15.05
Trap Speed: 92 mph

Photo of the slip:

Weather/Environmental:
1230' elevation, 65*F Ambient air temp, Humidity, Density Altitude ,

Mods/Transmission:
Bone stock with aftermarket 17" wheels/tires (35psi), 3/4 tank of gas.

*** I cannot access Dragtimes DA calculator from work to get humidity and DA. I will edit post tonight from home.***

#12 ·
^^^I agree with -X- on both points. Displaying based on lowest to highest 1/4 mile time from top to bottom would keep the community competitive and simple to search for quickest/slowest times. Also create another category in your chart to include list of "performance" mods, not visual mods so I know if I'm a shitty driver or not.

#14 · (Edited)
Text Document Paper Receipt Paper product

15 VT auto, 3k lbs race weight(1920lbs front 1080lbs rear), shell 93, oem tires/wheels, front 26-30psi, rear 50 psi. DA was around 2658'. Used fans to cool ic between runs. Tried varying tire pressures 30 psi, 28 psi, and 26 psi, which hooked the best of any of the runs however still spinning.
Slips posted were best ones with different set of mods: Sri Behemoth filter, < + wg boost hack, 100% oem everything.
If traction were a non issue during these runs times would of been maybe .1-2 sec quicker in all areas and mph maybe +1 mph.

#16 · (Edited)
View attachment 47815

If traction were a non issue during these runs times would of been maybe .1-2 sec quicker in all areas and mph maybe +1 mph.
General rule I've seen is drop .1 off your 60' and you pick up about .2 in the quarter...but don't know what that translates to in the 1/8th. You definitely have at least .1-.2 seconds you can take off your 60' if you find traction though.

You definitely look like you were making more power in the second slip compared to the first. A 9.3604 against a 9.4640 with a 2.1172 60' against a 2.1097 60'...You were slightly slower in the 60' but picked up just over a full tenth anyway. The third slip looks like you slowed down though...a tenth slower in the 60' but a full 2/10ths slower in the 1/8th when compared to the second run. Considering the third slip is bone stock and the first slip is filter only, this makes sense that there is a tenth of a second difference between both their 60' and ET. Really the only difference between those runs performance wise was traction. A/F didn't help appreciatively.

#15 ·
Slip 1 best with Sri Behemoth filter only.
Slip 2 best with Sri Behemoth filter + wg boost hack.
Slip 3 best with all oem/no mods.

IAT's during runs were about the same in the 120's.
Traction hurt my times a little with spin as soon as it hit 3k rpm, 20' out, requiring feathering the throttle to recover. If this transition area around 3k rpm were not so harsh, and power dip around 5k were flattened out, and traction was a touch better, much better times would be had. 8's in the1/8 with auto vt is not going to be that difficult.....

Reactions: -X-
#17 · (Edited)
For the conditions, I think best it would of done(Sri and wg hack) if no spinning, would of been 2.0 60', 5.9 330', 9.2 1/8 mile.

In oem form, tire spin was not that bad. If no spin it would of gone mid 9.4. With Sri, and Sri with wg boost hack spin was much worse and times do not show true gains from mods imo due to more power/less traction. Had one run with Sri Behemoth filter and wg hack that had less spin than best slip I posted here but the timing system did not work properly on that run thus no slip. Was likely my best run from what it felt like. Oh well.

#18 ·
Ran into a friend of mine tonight that came up to me and said he saw me run my car Thursday and could not believe a hyundai ran a 9.2 pass. I said well the best was 9.36 so..... He said no, after the 9.36 pass was the 9.2 pass. Which just so happens to be the one I was told the timing system did not work thus no slip print out. But my friend said it flashed up on the board. Could not tell me anything but 9.2 and did not take pic or video so no proof which sucks. Oh well, another day.....

#20 ·
Ran again tonight and bested my times last posted.
15 auto, 3,060 lbs race weight, oem tires/wheels 24 psi, Sri behemoth filter, wg hack, ORHP. Again traction was my enemy keeping me from running much better than I did. Also hitting oem limiter or power dip in upper rpm range hurt me a good bit as well. Weather was a little better than last time since it was around 10° cooler and IAT's were down some due to lower ambient and ORHP doing its job. The DA was still not great(2658') though as humidity was up a little. Trying to get a video of the best run from a friend that joined me. Here are the slips for now:
Text Paper Font Document Paper product

Reactions: forte5
#21 ·
Text Ticket Receipt Font Label

Refer to my thread in this section for details.....

Just noticed that I'm the quickest auto and second quickest VT that has posted a slip for the 1/8th mile. Will find out what she will do in the 1/4 mile saturday.....

#22 ·
Text Font Paper Document

I'm car 82, 13EliteVT is car 62 in his '16 rally.

I'm still spinning and wheel hopping unable to launch it hard. Also ran into cat temps too high(1700°+) which richens mixture killing power in all but 1 pass. This is evident by looking at my speed around 94 mph on all passes except for one pass at 98 mph. Track was impecable traction wise today.
Not bad for minimal mods on an AUTO VT with oem tires/wheels.....

#23 ·
Quarter Mile Times

Though these cars have been out for 3 years now I have seen very little in the way of quarter mile times. I went to the track with a mildly upgraded and tuned 2013 VT - manual transmission last Friday and posted some disappointing times. My biggest issue was traction - i can't get any in 1st gear if i go WOT at any point (forget about revving at all). My two best times were rolling out and then going WOT half way or towards the end of first. I still had some wheel spin but not nearly as bad. I am disappointed in posting what should be stock times after being dyno'd at 219hp (40-50 over stock whp).

I would like to see some other times and see what their 60 ft times were, what tires they are running, what trap speeds, mods, etc.. I would like to see some of us get into the low 14s but I've only seen a few slips on this forum and they tend to be in the 14.6-14.8 range. My best 60 foot time was 2.383 so I think with better tires I can probably get into the 14s but I'm curious if and how anyone got into the 14s on stock tires. Anyway here is a breakdown of my times:

1st run I do a no rev launch spin all the way through 1st and some of 2nd..15.9 at 90.89mph.

2nd run i rev a little - maybe 2500rpm launch. Wheel hop to hell, miss 2nd gear...ends up a 16.6 at 90mph (didn't post this slip).

3rd run i ease out and don't go WOT until the end of 1st. Almost no wheel spin pull a 15.48 at 90.89mph.

4th run i ease out then mash the peddle, spin through the last half of 1st but hook in 2nd gear and run my best time of 15.206 at 91.81mph.

My current mods are Injen Short Ram Intake, Magnaflow Cat-Back, and TORK Stage 1 dynotune (219.75 on Dynojet).

Here are my slips (I'm car 223):

Text Font Line Monochrome Document

#25 ·
Well, I'm not sure our car is all too great at straight line, but if you're running stock tires that's definitely a problem . I.get wheel spin between gears. Hah.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#27 ·
i did low 14s on stock wheel and tires. you just need to find the right launch rpm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.