Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am looking at getting a VT. I have taken one for a test drive twice now and really like it. However I am having a hard time deciding on a color. Right now I am currently in a 2010 Genesis Coupe Track in Lime Rock Green. I love the attention I get in the car, and really don't hate the car, but would like to lower my payments and save on gas for a few years. Thinking of a lease possibly.

So I need something that stands out. I have been trying to get a Matte Gray VT as I love the way it looks in person. However trying to find one around NC has not been easy. Luckily the dealer I am working with knows what I want and for the most part we have decided on a price for my trade, but need to find the car. I also thought about the Vitamin C as they also stand out, but in fear that its going to show a lot of dirt.....

My Lime Rock Green shows next to no dirt unless you walk up to the car and look for it. I love that.

So my question is of the following three colors which one is going to be the easiest to clean and show the least amount of dirt:

- Matte Gray
- Vitamin C
- Elite White

I know the Matte needs special/different care and that's fine with me. I always wash my car by hand and is always garage kept.

Hopefully soon I will be a new owner depending on color.......

Thanks,

Ken~

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have a matte gray and keeping it clean has been easy. It also doesn't show dirt very much at all. It doesn't take special care, it's just DIFFERENT care.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ironman silver doesn't show dirt easy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I know silver won't show much, but too many silver cars on the road already. Plus I own a TT roadster in silver, so dont need another car that color. Need something that stands out. I wish a dealer close to me had all 3 color choices in stock so I could see them all next to each other. Still thinking Matte Gray is going to get the most looks just for how different it really is.

Ken~

·
Registered
60 Posts
lol...cleaning matte isnt the problem. its not getting shit on it is.

cant park under trees, cant park in the sun, cant park near sprinklers.

i have one, and im being honest with you...water/calcium spotting from sprinklers that dry on the car at night are a giant pain in the ass. tree sap is a pain too.

hand washing it is really easy though. its just the constant trying to keep it away from grim thats the annoying part.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
its the price one must pay for pure awesomeness.

i have one, and im being honest with you...water/calcium spotting from sprinklers that dry on the car at night are a giant pain in the ass. tree sap is a pain too.

hand washing it is really easy though. its just the constant trying to keep it away from grim thats the annoying part.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just handwashed my Vitamin C VT for the first time. Noticed a few scuffs here and there. So I waxed it and buffed it out. Looks great now.

Just a heads up... DONT use Turtle Wax......... took me three hours to get all the damn wax off... and then it leaves these greenish dust pollen everywhere. Had to bust out my air compressor to blow them off.

Gonna stick to a spray wax next time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think that I am the only matte grey owner in NC so far. There could be another.

·
Registered
344 Posts

I park under trees, I park in the sun at work (we have no parking garage) and I get hard water sprinkler spots on it at least once a week. I have had no issues whatsoever.

The matte final finish clears everything up easily, even the hard water spots.

Did someone tell you these can't get on the car?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think at this point whichever comes in between Matte Gray and Vitamin C. I will get. I really like both colors in photos and in person. I think Vitamin C is a tad flashier (which I like), but really like how unique the Matte Gray is.

There is another Matte Gray owner in NC, but its an Auto. I was looking at it until I found out it was an auto.

Ken~

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you want to break necks, wait for the Matte Grey. Vit C is nice but it seems every other car on the road is offered in a similar colour.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Vitamin C shows mild dust or dirt after a week or so, the glow of the color makes it easy to see.

I'm going to have a real hard time restricting my car baths to bi-weekly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.