Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I failed on taking extensive pictures. I'm going to try and take more of how they are actually mounted when I get a second. In my first pic you can kind of see two of the mounting points I describe below.

It's pretty easy though. Both front and rear will have 2 nice heavy duty screws on the outside of the fender holding the fender well in. I recommend using these to secure the outsides on each. In the first pic you can kind of see how secured the inside part on the rear. I didn't even have to take my wheels off...using a right angle screwdriver at least. I drilled two holes through the plastic at the bottom inner fender. Put two black hex machine bolts through with a lock washer and a lock nut. Secure as can be. I had bought all sorts of extra fastners and even 3M automotive tape as a "just in case" and didn't use squat. One tip, get one rear lined up real well, and secure it with painters masking tape where you want it to sit. Mark it up where you need to drill your holes. then take the other rear, tape it securely to the marked up one and drill your holes with both of them sandwiched together. You'll get a perfect mirror image of eachother and they will be perfectly even. Repeat for the front. It will take you an hour tops.

Red Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Tire Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tomorrow morning when the sun is back out and I can get some decent light I'll snap a couple of the inside of the wheel wells so you can see how the are bolted.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
How high did you mount your from the ground to the bottom? Looks pretty low

I mounted mine 3" and seems to scrape quite a bit, even on a hard corner with body roll.
Thinking of moving mine up to 4".

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How high did you mount your from the ground to the bottom? Looks pretty low

I mounted mine 3" and seems to scrape quite a bit, even on a hard corner with body roll.
Thinking of moving mine up to 4".
I'm at right about 3" I'm debating moving it up an inch. It scraped going into a really steep driveway at an angle yesterday. Better coverage having em lower but if I end up just chewing up that kinda defeats the purpose. I'll have to see if they scrape any more and decide.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They look good. I am debating on getting the universal or waiting for the fitted mudflaps. Do you have any pictures of the inside of the wheel wells?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look good. I am debating on getting the universal or waiting for the fitted mudflaps. Do you have any pictures of the inside of the wheel wells?
I'm going to get some for you guys, it was rainy and cruddy this morning.

Honestly for the $25 after shipping and $5 in hardware you really can't go wrong with the universal ones. Same protection, same look, a 1/4 of the price. I believe the fitted ones are a heaver gauge material and more flexible, similar to like what you'd see on a semi, but I see these doing the job just as well. If I were building a $100,000 rally car it might be a different story lol.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Yeah, that RallyArmor logo in blue woulda been nice on my VT, but I just can justify the 50$+ premium for it.
The Universal ones works perfectly fine for me just required some cutting on the front ones to prevent rub.

But yeah, I think the general consensus is going to be to set them at 4"+ otherwise they will scrape a little too much. At 3" mine just barely scrapes certain things but at 4" I should almost never scrape anything.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, that RallyArmor logo in blue woulda been nice on my VT, but I just can justify the 50$+ premium for it.
The Universal ones works perfectly fine for me just required some cutting on the front ones to prevent rub.

But yeah, I think the general consensus is going to be to set them at 4"+ otherwise they will scrape a little too much. At 3" mine just barely scrapes certain things but at 4" I should almost never scrape anything.
I didn't have to cut the front, Just made sure to secure it as deep as I could in the wheel well.

Definitely digging these!
I love the way it transformed the car. I'll get some shots later. Once I flush up, and/or change wheels and tires it's gonna look baaaaaaaaaaaad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts