Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if im the only one who tries to see how high mpg's i can get. Thus making me drive my turbo'd car like a pussy haha

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have been trying to see how long I can keep the bars in the 40's! Takes longer to get to work, but I feel like I already accomplished something by the time I get into the office. Haha!

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
This is what I do Mon-Fri = ECO ON since I do mostly do back roads. Now, weekends that's where ECO OFF / TRACTION CONTROL OFF comes into play, that's when all the fun begins. :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have been stuck between 25 and 26 mpg. I don't think the Eco button impacts that much so I have kept it off most of the time.

·
Registered
407 Posts
ECO mode changes the shift points on the auto.

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
i only bother with Eco-drive when im crusin on the highway @ 60mph, anywhere else it is impossible to get better than 24 mpg unless you drive below the speed limit.
Well it depends on the speed limit but my roads are usually 45 MPH, and I can manage to get 50 MPG if I cruise in 40 MPH. I wish I could cruise in 45 and still get really good results but I live in an area where we practically ride on a mountain kind of terrain just all sorts of down hills and up hills.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Isn't that what it is supposed to do?

I consider myself a good driver and I like to go fast - I bought a VT.

I think learning how to drive efficiently is also something a good driver should do.

There are two modes of driving; hammering it, or just driving around. I just drive around most of the time, so when I'm just driving around I should do it well. The M/T does have an eco screen that teaches you how to maximize your mileage. Once you look at the M/T eco thing and start following it you end up going easier on the brakes too.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think my problem is that as I get more comfortable with the car and how it feels, the more I want to drive fast. I was just kinda baby'ing it at first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts