Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get an ECU but still pass Commiefornia's strict smog tests how do I do this and which tune company is the best way to do this.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
When do you have to get your smog test?

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,439 Posts
Qwik Tyme Performance or SXTH element engineering have the best ecu tunes. Most tunes will pass inspection as long as all parts on the car are good as well.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
what he said ^^^

just so you know, when you tune, you can always flash back to your oem tune if you are that worried.

I live in So-Cal & have no worries.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what he said ^^^

just so you know, when you tune, you can always flash back to your oem tune if you are that worried.

I live in So-Cal & have no worries.
I actually found LAP3 they give you another ECU to use at 1200 bucks launch control pop and bang and all the other goodies it comes with. When I go to smog I just switch back to my old one. Im saving up for it right now.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I actually found LAP3 they give you another ECU to use at 1200 bucks launch control pop and bang and all the other goodies it comes with. When I go to smog I just switch back to my old one. Im saving up for it right now.
I wouldn't recommend that route due to how expensive that is & unnecessary to swap ECU's.

as stated by @trdtoy Qwik Tyme Performance or Sxth can perform a tune for half that price if I'm not mistaken & with an even better aesthetic tune.

As long as you have the right equipment I'd recommend go the QTP tune or Sxth tune for support, aesthetics & quality.

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,439 Posts
If spending that much you may as well buy the flashing hardware and software and get tune/s from Qwik Tyme Performance or SXTH element engineering. Tune from QTP would be $400 max and additional tunes are $50. Can flash to any tune you want any time no ecu swap required.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts