Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased a 2016 Veloster turbo and I’m new to the car scene and I have a question about where I can get a tune and how I go about doing so. I recently installed an after market cat back exhaust and now I’m looking to add a catless downpipe but I keep getting told I should tune it when I put on the downpipe to avoid codes being thrown. Any idea what I should do?

·
Registered
2016 Elite White R-Spec VT
35 Posts
You may throw a code. There are ways to Jerry-Rig it to make it not but it is not full proof.

However, good news is that most tuners have the ability to disable to the secondary O2 sensor that causes a code. (Though I have heard this will not pass emissions if you have a state that requires a check)

I would contact any of the tuners, do some research on the opinions of tuners here on the forum, and choose which you want. Here is a small list of those that are most popular; SXTH Element, Alphaspeed, Tork, and there are others that you will find.

Happy hunting and welcome to the group!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the help! So in order to tune my car I’d be able to just send my ecu to whichever company I choose? I love in Ohio and I couldn’t find any shops that could help me in my area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome I appreciate the help! I’ll let you all know what I plan on doing once I look into all the info you gave me

·
Registered
2016 Elite White R-Spec VT
35 Posts
Yeah with all those options the tuning companies will gladly help you figure out the best option for you and where you’re located. They may be able to find a shop near to you to even do a remote tune. Just call them up and they when they are available they love to help and give out information!

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Tune is not required for a catless DP. You can tune the code out or use proper spacer or elbow if the DP does not come code free as-is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts