Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys!

So, recently I lowered my '13 VT with the Eibach Pro Kit and it dropped exactly how I wanted it. But I noticed the ride became very bouncy, I felt it way more when going to California this thanksgiving.... the freeways over there are in very bad condition compared to the ones here in Vegas

The Veloster is well know for having a very nervous rear end... I tried to fix it with a rear lower sway bar and front strut bar (it helped). I also have the rigid collar kit that I will be installing soon and for some reason I thought the lowering springs were gonna help but I was wrong.

I just ordered the KYB Gas-A-Just shocks for the rear because they were affordable and I had the money available. My questions: Is it ok to just change the rear shocks and leave the OEM front ones for now? Or this is like a NO NO safety hazard?

I know the front ones will wear out faster and they are not good because the are gonna be bouncy and the rear ones will not after I install the KYB's. But I just want to try to solve the rear end problem first and then, eventually, buy a pair of Bilstein or Koni for the front when I save more money. Afterall, the squirrely ride I feel it in the rear end and not the front end.

PS: Do I have to align the car again (I had it aligned when replacing the lowering springs)

Thanks in advance,
Cheers!

·
Registered
11,486 Posts
You can change the tears with no concern for your alignment. You don't have to worry about a catastrophe relating to the different shocks front vs rear. It may cause some unwanted handling characteristics, or it may cause some amazing improvement!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome.. thanks bro!! Good to know.. I will still eventually put aftermarket struts in the front, but for now I'll do the rear shocks. Hopefully it will fix or improve a lot of that rear end squirrely driving. I'll post results when done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts