Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm new here, and I'm not sure if this has been discussed here before, but I couldn't find anything when I searched. So here it goes ...

Anyone has an idea about those sway bars kit from Eibach and how they compare to similar products from Whiteline and Pierce Motorsports?

According to Eibach, the front bar diameter is 27mm while the rear is 20mm. in comparison, the Whiteline 26mm/18mm and Pierce ???/19mm

so do they have any clear advantage over the competition?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would trust Pierce over Whiteline any day, and for the 1st Gen VT Eibach is good but more money than Pierce.

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
3,903 Posts
pierce all day

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys, but what if the price isn't a factor, which one would be better?

actually, since I'm not located in the States, the Eibach would be like $40 cheaper to get it to my door than the Pierce one.

after getting the bars, my next purchase would be new sway bar links, bushing (Whiteline???), and Eibach lowering springs.

·
Super Moderator
3,300 Posts
Those eibach bars are for the 2g

·
Registered
61 Posts
The first thing we need to know is what are you trying to correct. Is your car clearly understeering? How and where did you determine that you had an unacceptable handling problem. Manufactures make a fortune selling pretty parts to those who have no clear plan. Making a car feel different is not the same as making it behave better at the limit. There are many variables but in very simple terms a stiffer rear bar will reduce understeer. Have you adjusted camber? Set toe? What are your goals?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those eibach bars are for the 2g
according to Eibach's website, it's for the model 2012 to 2018 year!

The first thing we need to know is what are you trying to correct. Is your car clearly understeering? How and where did you determine that you had an unacceptable handling problem. Manufactures make a fortune selling pretty parts to those who have no clear plan. Making a car feel different is not the same as making it behave better at the limit. There are many variables but in very simple terms a stiffer rear bar will reduce understeer. Have you adjusted camber? Set toe? What are your goals?
I haven't done any modifications to the car yet.
I spend about 2hrs every day driving from and to work (about 82miles). my issue is like many people here, I'm feeling that the car is unstable at the backside at high speeds. that's more clear when the back wheels hit a small bump or cat eyes on the road.

I'm not planning to do autocross or track racing (at least not now). I just like to go fast around corners while keeping my average speed.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
415 Posts
according to Eibach's website, it's for the model 2012 to 2018 year!

I haven't done any modifications to the car yet.
I spend about 2hrs every day driving from and to work (about 82miles). my issue is like many people here, I'm feeling that the car is unstable at the backside at high speeds. that's more clear when the back wheels hit a small bump or cat eyes on the road.

I'm not planning to do autocross or track racing (at least not now). I just like to go fast around corners while keeping my average speed.
Sounds like you could use a rear torsion bar for what you've described.
Torsion bar will solidify the rear end when hitting potholes and keep the rear planted.
Swaybars are specifics to roll control but then again a good set of coilovers will do the same.
Btw Pierce actually race their products and have developed many parts in conjunction with other VT race car owners.
Good luck. You're on the right track. 👍

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am a big fan of pierce/evilla. I have a couple of their bits on my car and have traded some emails with the people making and racing the parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts