Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, just bought a 2016 Veloster Turbo 2 weeks ago and thinking about getting some lowered springs for it to reduce the wheel gap abit. I told myself i wouldn't mod this car, but i just want that wheel gap reduced!! :mad: However i'm concerned the ride will be harsh.

Can any of you who have lowered springs in your Velosters chime in and tell me if the ride is close to stock comfort, or much harsher?? Thanks :redface-new:

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have Eibachs with stock shocks, it is pretty harsh. Most bumps will cause a panic inducing jolt, but I would probably like them a lot more if I lived somewhere with nice roads. They do handle very well though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think your Eibach springs in USA are different to ours. The USA Eibach site states they provide a 1.7" drop in the front, whereas the aussie Eibach site says they drop about 1", although this could be that your Velosters come with higher standard ride height than ours maybe?. Pro Kit Buy suspension from Eibach including adjustable suspension and automotive coil springs. E10-42-027-01-22

i emailed Eibach Australia and was told this: "For the Veloster we supply the German made Eibach Pro Kit which is for the global market whereas the USA have their own designs for North America.
The turbo and non turbo use the same springs, amount of lowering achieved depends on the original ride height meaning that vehicles in North America may be slightly higher than what we have here."

i'm hoping it's true our Eibachs are different to yours and maybe softer!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Specs on the AU Veloster and USDM are both 149mm for ground clearance, so I would assume they are the same suspension height. Not sure why the non-US Pro Kit is ~43mm and the AU is ~25mm. This leads me to believe that yours will not lower the car as much. The stock shocks are just terrible though, so you will degrade some ride quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts