Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried replacing their stock lower motor mount with one from an Elantra N-Line?

It seems like it would fit considering that some aftermarket companies provide replacement mounts that fit both the Elantra and Veloster Turbo.

I have read on the elantra sport forum that it is 37% stiffer than the non-N-line mount. Not sure where that number comes from but I can't think of a reason to doubt it.
Seems like reports say it doesn't add nearly as much NVH as aftermarket replacements. Of course it doesn't offer the same performance gain either.

Part number - 21950-j3000
$70 at https://www.buyhyundaipartsnow.com/oem-parts/hyundai-torque-arm-21950j3000

You may notice that it also listed for 2019 Veloster Turbos

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's what I suspected.
Now, I wonder if it would be worth it... to me.
NVH should be low. It should be stiffer. But what will 37% increase in stiffness translate to performancewise? Hmm. Something I'll have to think about.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just buy the poly inserts and put it in the oem mount. Save yourself some money for similar results. I did that and it eliminated all wheel hop. Nvh isn't that bad either.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard varying opinions of the NVH with the inserts. Plus, while probably not hard to install, there's more to the install. This mount should have NVH levels that are tolerable enough to be sold from Hyundai, its OEM, and it should be easier to install.
It's just another option. Some people might like it. Some might hate it. But at under $75 I'm sure someone will think it's worth a shot.

Plus, 2019 owners might be able to sell theirs if they get a Sxth mount.

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
3,903 Posts
Would be worth trying for the price if you do not want to do as much work for the mod. I do wonder how they compare to the aftermarket offerings.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would be worth trying for the price if you do not want to do as much work for the mod. I do wonder how they compare to the aftermarket offerings.
Any idea what the stock durometer rating is? Could we simply compare that? As in, stock=X, n-line=X*1.37, Sxth daily=70A, Sxth race=85a

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Any idea what the stock durometer rating is? Could we simply compare that? As in, stock=X, n-line=X*1.37, Sxth daily=70A, Sxth race=85a
No clue. I do know the VN mount durometer sucks but not as bad as the VT.

Personally I have the SXTH mount with the daily durometer and the NVH is not bad unless I have some preload on it as it's adjustable unlike the newer ones.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
415 Posts
No clue. I do know the VN mount durometer sucks but not as bad as the VT.

Personally I have the SXTH mount with the daily durometer and the NVH is not bad unless I have some preload on it as it's adjustable unlike the newer ones.
I have the SxthElement mount too but the racing version and the vibes are tolerable for me. Only when tha a/c is running and at idle do the vibes show up.

@trdtoy when you said the SxthElement mount is adjustable and can be preloaded, what exactly are you referring to? Just curious to know and making sure I'm not missing something. ?

Is this the one you have?
34EB4DD3-7A76-460C-B68B-0EA2A690A18C.jpeg

I'm trying to understand how this could be adjustable.
Thanks. ?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I have the SxthElement mount too but the racing version and the vibes are tolerable for me. Only when tha a/c is running and at idle do the vibes show up.

@trdtoy when you said the SxthElement mount is adjustable and can be preloaded, what exactly are you referring to? Just curious to know and making sure I'm not missing something. ?

Is this the one you have?
View attachment 104361

I'm trying to understand how this could be adjustable.
Thanks. ?
I have the OG mount they made that was made to be adjustable. With the street bushing in it the vibrations are not bad. By adjusting some preload in it the vibrations get a little worse but help traction slightly more as if a race mount were in it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you end up getting the N-line motor mount? And if so how was the shifting responsiveness and the NVH with that mount?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts