Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I pulled the trigger and purchased my first new car/ first Import.

Right now I plan to do little things to make my car more enjoyable to me.

Here she is Day 1 at my parents place.
uploadfromtaptalk1446756365964.jpg

First "mod"

uploadfromtaptalk1446756800144.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446756880336.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446756957987.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446756999313.jpg

Next was disabling the Active Sound Design

uploadfromtaptalk1446757109169.jpg

Turns out Hyundai changed the colors to Red (pin# 9) and Blue (pin# 10) both plugs were individually taped and then turned back and taped to the harness

I now realize how loud that system was in the car and I'm happier without it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some WallPaper style shots

Snapped a couple of shots yesterday before a nice back road drive.
Here you guys go.

front close 2.jpg

dark rear.jpg

sunlit corner.jpg

rear parallel.jpg

I'm Already chomping at the bit to mod my car but I'm going to start slow and plan to purchase OCC's within the next few days and install.
I'm thinking a full can for the PCV then the smaller separator for the second can since it seems to blow by mush less oil.

·
Registered
335 Posts
love the rally editions just wish they would have called them something else maybe raptor edition lol but only because i hear rally and think awd which upsets me because it reminds me that hyundai could release an awd or rwd veloster which will piss me off to no extent.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The model year 17' changes did make me hesitant towards my purchase but I wanted/need a reliable DD.

Got my Oil Catch Can and installed it today. Moroso large body can

Nicely enough there's a real performance shop within 15 minutes. By this I mean built race engines on stands, nitrous systems, real race buckets and all the other actual track go fast goodies. Was enjoyable to walk around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nice, welcome and congrats!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Congrats! I really like the matte blue... and those wheels too! If Hyundai had both the gray and blue when I bought mine, I'm not sure which I would have bought. As it is, it took well over 2 1/2 months to find my matte gray.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After reading the Active Sound Design thread about the car making engine noise through the speakers it labeled these plug pins as the positive and ground terminal for that system. So I disconnected them and my car definitely is now quieter inside now with no artificial engine noise from the stereo. Hyundai changed the wire color:furious: but matching the plug pin numbers to the wiring diagram in the thread pointed to these two as the correct wires just no longer yellow and white. I hope this helps and enjoy your new ride. I'm at 520 miles now, so soon I can actually open it up and have a little more fun. :wink:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Decisions, Decisions

I'm definitely buying a CAI or SRI soon and I am between the two, I know I want to recirculate the Wastegate since the open BOV kind of annoys me, so it seems only 845 offers this option on their site with 3.5" super shorty. I'd prefer the CAI since peak power isn't my concern, more like improved power and enjoyment (aka not too much noise). I really want a 3.5" CAI with BOV recirculation port and breather port as well. I wonder if one of the vendors would be willing to add this option to their CAI? Maybe I'm blind and I'm just missing it and not seeing it on a site.

Anyone have a link to what I desire??

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think you lost me a little anyhow the aem cai has the recirculation port but by no means is it quite my shit sounds like darth vader waking up in the morning but i love it!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The only difference you should see between the CAI and the SRI is a coupler and the extension for the CAI. If there is an SRI with the recirc port and that vendor also has the CAI extension, then you should be good.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Wouldn't you be able to just add a 1" port on the Cai? Just tap and thread it? Still going to hear the bov with a Sri or Cai at times

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wouldn't you be able to just add a 1" port on the Cai? Just tap and thread it? Still going to hear the bov with a Sri or Cai at times
I don't mind hearing the BOV mildly muffled by the intake. I just can't stand only hearing the BOV venting to the atmosphere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 71 Posts