Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen much around anywhere on this or the N/A forum (seems like the only guy who asked about it either never got around to it or died trying), so I'm wondering if anyone has gone about trying to remove some of the excess plastics and other clutter from our engine bays. I found the following pics that are a pretty extreme example, but follow along pretty closely with what I'd like to go for.

The end goal here would be to hide as much of the engine bay wiring and harnesses as possible, and clean up everything that absolutely has to be visible. For starters, I'd like to at least remove the plastic rail guiding the ignition coil wires and replace it with a nice clean sheath. The pictures show what looks like electrical tape, I think I'd rather do maybe a braided nylon sheath instead, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Basically, before I go into tearing up all these vital parts of the motor I'd like to know if anyone else has done it before and has any pointers, or suggestions for anything else to remove while I'm at it? Things like a battery and fusebox relocation are on the docket but will probably wait until I do a full courier bed conversion in the backseat.

Additionally, anyone have suggestions for replacing the OEM fluid (coolant, brake, etc) containers with something nicer to look at that still allows you to view fluid level? Something like a blacked out container with a clear viewing strip?

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
283 Posts
I do admire the honda guys with the clean wire tucks. I'd say you'd have to be pretty adept at wiring as you're going to be doing alot of your own custom work. That's the first picture I've ever seen of our engine bay looking so clean haha.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
674 Posts
I haven't seen much around anywhere on this or the N/A forum (seems like the only guy who asked about it either never got around to it or died trying), so I'm wondering if anyone has gone about trying to remove some of the excess plastics and other clutter from our engine bays. I found the following pics that are a pretty extreme example, but follow along pretty closely with what I'd like to go for.

View attachment 106656 View attachment 106657

The end goal here would be to hide as much of the engine bay wiring and harnesses as possible, and clean up everything that absolutely has to be visible. For starters, I'd like to at least remove the plastic rail guiding the ignition coil wires and replace it with a nice clean sheath. The pictures show what looks like electrical tape, I think I'd rather do maybe a braided nylon sheath instead, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Basically, before I go into tearing up all these vital parts of the motor I'd like to know if anyone else has done it before and has any pointers, or suggestions for anything else to remove while I'm at it? Things like a battery and fusebox relocation are on the docket but will probably wait until I do a full courier bed conversion in the backseat.

Additionally, anyone have suggestions for replacing the OEM fluid (coolant, brake, etc) containers with something nicer to look at that still allows you to view fluid level? Something like a blacked out container with a clear viewing strip?
Fluid containers for the washer fluid and coolant overflow can be gotten by ChaseBays like I did on mine.
Car Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive design Automotive fuel system

They work great, are billet aluminum, and well made while not being too terribly expensive.
Oh and if you're too lazy to twist off the cap on these fluid containers than these aren't for you. 🤷🏼‍♂️😂😉

If you're a good solderer and know how to use heat shrink (polyolefin) then you should have no problems with the wiring by either adding or shortening existing under hood wiring. 👍

I'll wind up doing some of the above when Indo my swap to clean it all up and look tidy. 🤙😎

Btw thanks for the post as it's now got me inspired to take note on those pictures and give me some ideas about this. 🙏🏽👍😍

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was actually looking at Chasebay's stuff because the site I found actually lists that they used some Chasebays items, including brake booster delete. However, it's still quite a bit more expensive than I'd like to go at the moment. There's some stuff on amazon for quite a bit cheaper (and with witness tube sections!) that I might check out at some point but at this point it's a ways off. Other stuff comes first. Speaking of other stuff, I'm a real big fan of the motor mount you have there, where's that from?

As far as electrical is concerned, I'm a fair hand with wiring but something like a fusebox relocation stands to be quite a bit of headache regardless. Cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'd love to link that build here so you or anyone else could take a look at it but I'm not sure what the forum's rules are on linking to outside sites. I could just message it to you instead if you're interested? There's a really intimidating picture of all the wiring they had to tuck under the dashboard that makes me want to rethink the whole idea.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
674 Posts
I was actually looking at Chasebay's stuff because the site I found actually lists that they used some Chasebays items, including brake booster delete. However, it's still quite a bit more expensive than I'd like to go at the moment. There's some stuff on amazon for quite a bit cheaper (and with witness tube sections!) that I might check out at some point but at this point it's a ways off. Other stuff comes first. Speaking of other stuff, I'm a real big fan of the motor mount you have there, where's that from?

As far as electrical is concerned, I'm a fair hand with wiring but something like a fusebox relocation stands to be quite a bit of headache regardless. Cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'd love to link that build here so you or anyone else could take a look at it but I'm not sure what the forum's rules are on linking to outside sites. I could just message it to you instead if you're interested? There's a really intimidating picture of all the wiring they had to tuck under the dashboard that makes me want to rethink the whole idea.
Yeah send me that info please. 🙏🏽
Upper motor mount is the TTR or Turbo Tech mount.
Easy to install and works great but be aware the NVH will increase by having one in conjunction with a lower mount. 👍

What's a witness tube section btw? 🤔🤨

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"witness tube" probably isn't the correct terminology but it's the closest to accurate I could think of. There are a bunch of these type on Amazon but I'll do a little more research before I spring for any of it.

I thought more NVH was the goal here? All the real racecars have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts