Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting closer this year to doing an engine build. I have a stuffed turbo and on order: kdm engine build kit and oil pan. I'll probably grab the sxth fmic still but not too far off.

Question I have is has anyone tried using a 1.6l nsv engine and verified the crank, block, and head as the same or not? Would be nice to build with a second engine but if cost is too much not. The turbo motors seem scarce lately.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Get a used VT engine that still runs to build off of and you'll be fine. Sell your current engine when the built one goes in to recoup costs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you are anywhere close to Florida I have a 2015 1.6L turbo engine with only 3000 miles on it that I purchased to put back in my Koup. Changed directions on how it is going to be powered and will no longer be needing the 1.6. Only things missing are the turbo, oil pan (small sheet metal part) and I think oil cooler. Been over 2 yrs since I looked at it but when it was torn down for prep to go to machine shop all the internals are perfect. Asking $1500 for all 1.6L parts and another $400 for the 3" DP and SXTH FMIC (FMIC is for the Koup not a VT)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts