Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For about a month now I have been having some serious issues with my 2013 VT (68000mi). Out of nowhere I started having rough acceleration at about 70% throttle. The issue is best described as the engine sputtering. I have been convinced that this was not caused by a misfire for a while, since the ECU has not kicked any misfire codes or even flashed the check engine light when it was sputtering. Until today, when I got a cylinder 3 misfire code and random/multiple cylinder misfire detected. I now believe I might have a bad coil or plug, since before this started happening I would occasionally have a rough idle where I drop from 700 to 500 rpm randomly. Less than 2 years or 10,000 miles ago I had to replace all my coils and plugs from the same issue. Since I did not know what the issue was at the time, I had a Hyundai Dealership replace the bad coilpack with an OEM one (which was extremely overpriced because dealerships). And because I wanted all of them replaced at the same time, I replaced the other 3 with Delphi GN10683's and replaced all of the plugs with NGK Iridium's. Shouldn't they be lasting longer than this? And what can I test to rule out if it is fuel, coils, or plugs? The picture I attached is what every plug looked like. How can I test their gap?
Microphone Audio equipment Gas Auto part Metal

Mods I have done to the car:
• AEM Cold Air Intake
• Aftermarket SXTH Element High pressure fuel line

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,784 Posts
You need to run 4 new proper OEM coils, 4 new OEM plugs from a 16+ VT and gap to .028", and run 91+ octane fuel.

If you need coils they can be bought for $200/set and plugs are around $60/set.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to run 4 new proper OEM coils, 4 new OEM plugs from a 16+ VT and gap to .028", and run 91+ octane fuel.

If you need coils they can be bought for $200/set and plugs are around $60/set.

Welcome to the forum.
I think it should also be noted that I have been having code P0441 (EVAP) being set off at the same time. I thought this was my loose gas cap, so I got it replaced but the code is still being set off. Could this be a fuel issue?

·
Administrator
5,784 Posts
I think it should also be noted that I have been having code P0441 (EVAP) being set off at the same time. I thought this was my loose gas cap, so I got it replaced but the code is still being set off. Could this be a fuel issue?
If not gas cap then will be the evap solenoid above the throttle body or the CCV near the gas tank under the car.

·
Administrator
5,784 Posts
Considering the other information, 100% no.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Considering the other information, 100% no.
After getting the P0303 code ealier today, I have pulled the coilpack and swapped with cylinder 1 to see if the code would follow. Ran the car for a bit and it kicked the P0303 code again. It must be plugs, which I am going to be replacing tomorrow. What is the downside of going with other brands vs OEM if I make sure they are gapped to .028" spec, such as Bosch or NGK?

·
Administrator
5,784 Posts
Do as I said in post #2 if you want to be trouble free for a long time.

You want all new of both coils and plugs or you will have issues and sometimes without a CEL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts