Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got stuck in the sand at the beach the other day and in the process of trying to back out, the bottom cover broke and the three screws are still in it. I wonder if this can be fixed? I tried finding the part number of the splash guard but I can't. Also, can this be fixed at all? The plastic part that the shield attaches to on the car broke around the screws and the screws are still in the shield with the plastic portion attached. I have a 2015 Veloster RE:Flex
Hood Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Composite material

Automotive tire Grey Wood Gas Bumper

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

Gas Font Bumper Composite material Motor vehicle

Gas Composite material Bumper Concrete Automotive tire

·
Registered
324 Posts
The superglue would be primarily to hold the parts together, and the epoxy would be the strengthening part. They sell epoxy at hardware and automotive stores. Something like the picture would be adequate, just make sure the parts are clean and follow the directions. Regarding temperature, it should hold. If it breaks again then just replace with the proper parts. Most auto part distributors have exploded diagrams to help you find which parts to replace.
Liquid Packaging and labeling Box Electric blue Personal care

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,121 Posts
i have the same problem after driving over cones for years at AX. the epoxy did not work for me but may work for you.

i ended up removing the bolts and drilling holes in the upper support and using 2 zip ties at each hole.

Reactions: dragonkitty26

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The superglue would be primarily to hold the parts together, and the epoxy would be the strengthening part. They sell epoxy at hardware and automotive stores. Something like the picture would be adequate, just make sure the parts are clean and follow the directions. Regarding temperature, it should hold. If it breaks again then just replace with the proper parts. Most auto part distributors have exploded diagrams to help you find which parts to replace.
View attachment 107887
Thanks for your advice! It worked great ! That epoxy is hard as nails. The bottom cover is now reattached perfectly

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT
62 Posts
i have the same problem after driving over cones for years at AX. the epoxy did not work for me but may work for you.

i ended up removing the bolts and drilling holes in the upper support and using 2 zip ties at each hole.
same here, i drilled holes and used the black screws from my bumper to hold the underneath, it's also holding my bumper in place now too!

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts