Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I'm going to try and explain this situation the best I can. I took my 13' veloster turbo into my local Hyundai dealership because there was a stutter while
under heavy acceleration or load and I was aware of the fuel line recall. They called me yesterday saying they replaced the fuel lines and the problem still persists.
The car only has 40k miles on it and I'm praying i didn't buy a lemon.
Anybody have any ideas as to what the problem might be? A few of my friends were worried it was my turbo going bad or the wastegate was sticking shut but when
experiencing the shudder once I heard a short knocking (leading me to believe it was a fuel issue) and immediately let off the throttle and have never heard the
knock again. I replaced my oil and my spark plugs as well as put in a fuel system cleaner (I'm aware these fuel cleaners usually don't do jack squat this was a hail mary of sorts). The car is completely stock. I did install a small light bar on a homemade license plate bracket (18watt) and was worried this was drawing excessive power from the battery but I don't believe that's the case. heres the link to the light bar.( https://www.amazon.com/Auxbeam-Waterproof-Off-road-Auxiliary-Driving/dp/B00T62RK1U )
Any opinions or suggestions? I just want my car back to normal.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If it persisted I would of had the dealer work on it till they fixed it. Could possibly be the fuel pump causing it. If you have the Torque app I'd use it and see what is going on. Could help narrow down some things.

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
Also you thread title is a little off... you had the sputter prior to getting the fuel line changed... and it persisted after... like everyone else is saying... take the car back to the dealer...

·
Registered
677 Posts
How long have you owned the car? Take it in and buy new or like new. Never know how the previous owner treated the car. I love my car but I beat on it with love.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts